Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Avon Simply Pretty Fresh Radiance Makeup Base Pink Glow In depth Review

Wow! That sure is one of my longest post title ever!

The first primer that i have ever used was Benefit's That Gal...which i love because it does make me look awake & brighter...especially when im feeling a bit under the weather & my face looks so sordid...add the fact that it's pink & the scent is quite lovely..even if i prefer fragrance-free stuff, but i learned to love it & has become one of my 'wake me up"-er ...(you can read my review HERE)

What i just found as a major disadvantage with it is that it's not available locally. You either have to buy it from Ebay or thru local resellers, which often times proves to be hard to find since not everybody uses it.

As i search for a good alternative for it, i saw this tiny pink tube on the online catalog of Avon Philippines...& i wanted to buy one but since i don't know any Avon Lady, it took me sometime before im able to get my hands on them..

For the cheap price of Php150 (more or less $4), it's pretty cheap to let it pass...

We know that most primers are pretty expensive, so i was actually surprise to know that this is really cheap. Here in the Philippines, Revlon is considered as high end brand already..lol.. because its expensive! The Revlon Beyond Natural Smoothing Primer, which i heard is just more or less $12 in US is sold here at $18+....so just imagine how much the REAL high end brand is here...Guess how much the price is for UDPP.....if its $17 in US...you can buy it here (from local resellers) from $21 to $28!

Anyways, going back to the real review...

It's just 10ml on a small squeeze tube, but im pretty sure that it will go a long way for you don't really need a lot....


It's so little that my Lola camera (Lola is the tagalog word for Grandma) can't even focus on the description... (-_-")

I tried looking in the internet for some info about it, but i guess that this is not available in every country that's why i can't find info about it...(correct me if im wrong about this not being available in different countries)

I'll just type it out for you,gals.. (i have to thank my little bro for helping me with this!)
Since, there's no available info on the net so this might be the first real info available so i'll really give it a full blow by blow...lol!

"Make your make-up last longer with Simply Pretty Fresh Radiance Makeup Base. Apply before foundation for an extra radiant glow. Smooth moisturizing formula glides on gently to give an even & brighter skin tone."

Ingredients:
Water, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Polysurbate 60,
Stearic Acid, Talc, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Myristyl Myristate,
Triethanolamine, SD Alcohol 40-B, Glyceryl Stearate, Sorbitan Stearate,

Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Lanolin,
Methylparaben, Lanolin Oil, Lysine, Oryzanol, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Fragrance,
May Contain Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Iron Oxides

Here is a pic of it
It doesn't look that pink...
it looks more like a pinkish beige at first, but if you spread it out it would then be pink.

Here is a picture if it's spread, together with Benefit. You can see that That Gal is pink & Avon is just pinkish.

What's great about it is that it got that tiny hint of pink "sheen"...which i think is better because it really gives that nice glowing, dewy look especially if you just wear it alone. I guess its because that sheen will reflect light (in a mild way) that could result in you looking glowy & radiant...

See this pic?
I put it a tiny amount of it...then i just lightly spread it out just so that you can see how it stands out clearly...this pic was taken indoors...night time..

Then this would be how it would look like if you spread it. You might not see the difference between the two, unless you click it & you'll see that the one with Avon have that radiant look to it...sugoi!
Last but not the least, it makes the make-up adhere to your skin better....for its a bit 'sticky' but not slick...

Ok...after that lengthy text about it, here's just a breakdown of it.

Pros:
  • cheap
  • easy to buy IF you have an Avon Lady near you
  • convenient enough to toss in your tote bag
  • fragrance-free
  • hygienic packaging
Cons:
  • might not be available internationally (again, im not sure about this..let me know if this is available in other countries too)
  • not that good in controlling oil (in my case 4hrs at most)
I'll definitely buy this...actually ill buy this instead of That Gal...all for the above reasons....first & foremost is that its cheap but i think gives me a more radiant look instead of the more expensive primers that i have tried.

So with that, im done with it..

Jaa~!

14 comments:

xoladiihoneyxo said...

I love how it's in a pink bottle. hehe. It should be bigger. hmmmz.... this is interesting. maybe I'll try it someday.

ghreizy said...

girl maganda sya ipang primer?

The Beauty Junkee said...

hmmm...i'm actually wanting to try this one. it's interesting kasi.


how about the staying power? i mean, does it control oil?

Anonymous said...

i also have the avon one.

yan ang gamit kong primer sa bahay lang...

My-My said...

Starting from scratch and no research, your review is very good! :) and I wish I could try AVON products too. Its hard finding a rep. :P

Anonymous said...

nice i want to try this..i like how its fragrance-free para mag sinus ako pag masyadong mabango and sana ok sya for oily skin ?!

thanx for the good and VERY detailed review

Tish said...

It looks interesting, but I'm scared to try other products unless they're mineral makeup. Didn't it break you out or irritate your skin?

AskMeWhats said...

thanks for this !I am too lazy to use cheek tints but the effect usually is nicer :)

Sherry said...

not sure if this available here.

Crystal said...

it looks like this primer is worth a shot ha!

Miss Shopcoholic said...

thanks for the review! wanna try this..

Golden said...

Wow, thanks for the review. I'm actually looking for a cheap primer.

MAGGIE said...

I wish this is still available. For P150, this is worth a try! :P

Hanna said...

im in malaysia n this cute lil' pink tube is available here though..^^,v..!

just received my avon catalog in the morning (im a dealer btw)..n it has promotion price for this coming MAY..MYR9.90 only...normally MYR15.90(not sure how much in philipines)

im so gonna try this!thanx 4 the review...;D!

Believe in B.liv's Dump Off Drawn! I do!

I was contacted by B.liv weeks ago to try out their products. I have been so lazy in applying any skin care products lately that I can alrea...