Thursday, July 16, 2009

Artists brushes for nail arts?!

Im not much into nail arts...specially flowers, not because i don't like them...but i just can't... T_T

I do decorate my nails but its just simple ones.. im actually a minimalist when it comes to nail designs, but sometimes its fun to fully decorate my nails every once in a while...The last time i did a nail art tutorial it's a fully decorated look which is not exactly my style but it's still fun sometimes...

Anyways, in order to do some nail arts you have to have the proper tools,right?...but you know, you don't have to go buy the PROPER tools

I don't have that much with me...in fact you get to see my other nail post, you would see that i only use the white nail art pen & a toothpick in making decorations...

I promised before (long way ago!) that i'll be posting something about artist's brushes & i thought that it's time to post something about it before i cut my nails short again..

Here are 2 of the brushes that i have with me ever since i started painting, that i think can be used to do nail deco too.


They're just the normal brushes that you can find at any local bookstores or craft stores...

One is pointed & the other one is flat,you can even see the price & the number of the brushes...
It's just pretty cheap...It's just $1.10 (approx) per brush..

Now, i tried using the flat brush to make a checkered design....
This is the first time that i tried it so it would still look messy...

You'll need lots of patience in doing this!haha!
  • Start with clean nails that has been coated with a nail base.
  • Coat it with your desired color (i use black here just so to show the contrast between the colors.
  • Then take the flat brush, then dip it on the color that you choose-in my case, i choose white.. you can use acrylic or nail polish..i use polish here..
  • Make small squares starting from the base of the nails using the flat tip of the brush...like so...
  • ...going to the tip..alternating them to form the checkered design
  • it's your choice if you want to put spaces on them or just line them together (see the difference between the 2 nails?)
  • Apply a clear polish over it so to make it last longer
  • Finish it with a top coat. Don't forget to clean the edges of the nails with a q-tip dipped in a polish remover!
Clean the brush by taking the polish off with a polish remover...if you use acrylic, its easier for you can remove acrylic easily by washing it with soap & water.

I'll try to use the other brush for nail art too...

So, see..it's ok to do nail designs even if you don't have the real nail stuff to go with it...
You just have to let your resourcefulness come up.

^_~

18 comments:

eki said...

super cute nail!! you got some patience girl! if you can get your hands on fiberwig Im sure you'll love them :D

Anonymous said...

sister... kung minimalist ka... paano pa kaya ang tawag sa kuko ko? waaaaaaa!!!!!

walang kulay, nailkater lang nag nadadapo sa kanila! haaayyy...

mitch said...

wow! you make me smile. I'd just love the black and white combination. Very me! LOL! ^_^ thanks for this nice post.

ghreizy said...

wow.. nice..di ako pwd jan pasmado ako e

mszcheysser said...

Wow! That is sucha good idea! I never heard or thought of this. I should try this next time, since I am so horrible with doing such art! YOU'RE SO GOOD :] Love the nails hunny!

xoladiihoneyxo said...

lol. don't worry about the proper tools! My mom is a professional at nails and she doesn't always use the proper tools... neither do I. haha.

Crissy said...

I am going to try this .. I am so bad at nail art xD

Chrissy said...

WOW! I never thought of doing that or using those brushes. I used an old eyeliner brush once. Thanks for the tip sis. Any idea where I can get a dotting tool? I want one!!!

Anastacia said...

WOOOOOOW! I like this design! It's amazing! Very cool and looks absolutely gorgeous!
Btw, I saw many times here in Korea, may of nail artist working with same brushes for acrillic 'n stuff and it looks amazing too:)

Anonymous said...

girl ang ganda pero parang hirap gawin lol.i never thought of those brushes. ako din am so bad at nail art walang katyaga ktyaga! anyways big thank you for the tips : *

Unknown said...

wow this is pretty cool. i dont do my nails at all. i only clip them when they get a little longer.

My-My said...

I have a lot of craft brushes, and didn't think about using them for nails. great idea!

I always admire many bloggers nails. . . but I don't have the patience as I used to for decorating them. :(

Jbreezybaby said...

awww.. this is sooo nice! I wish i can do my own nails, that looks tedious lol I don't have the patience! great job hun! xoxo

Ahleessa said...

That's a cute nail art! Thanks for the tutorial. I might try it in the future... hehe~

Tell me what you think when you buy the MUFE foundation. I hope it works for you as it does for me. :)

Miss Shopcoholic said...

thats a nice idea! i wanna try nail art soon! =)

AskMeWhats said...

wow on your design, you are right, if you're desperate, you turn to other resources! I have tried artists brushes from National too! :) they do work :)

beauty cosmetics said...

Looking very pretty!I love your design!

Unknown said...

Well,

A trend crazed person like me rarely misses out on updates like these. I have made use of this art and I can say that I love its feel that it gives on me and on my fingers. Having to go and spend my weekend in a vancouver nail salon has been a routine for me.

Believe in B.liv's Dump Off Drawn! I do!

I was contacted by B.liv weeks ago to try out their products. I have been so lazy in applying any skin care products lately that I can alrea...