Is it already 2012?
Anyway, i'll be posting my last weekend nail for this year. I have only a couple of nail art tutorials for the past couple of months & i apologize for that. I don't even have a Christmas nail art. So here is to hoping that i will be able to make up for not being able to do nail arts for you.
I saw this design on the Nail Up! magazine for the year 2012. I was drawn with how cheery & fun this design looks like so i thought that i would recreate it for you,ladies. I hope that with this colorful nail art, the new year will bring forth good luck to all of us!
You can tweak this design with your choice of color. I just think that pastel colors are so adorable!
It's also your choice if you are going to do a freehand drawing of ribbon or anything to add a charm, or maybe just use a decal. I just stamped a ribbon on it.
- base/top coat
- your choice of colors (acrylics or polishes)
- brushes (detailing & liner brush)
- glitter polish
- nail stamps (or decals)
- star glittered polish (optional)
Click the pic for a bigger image...
1. Apply your base coat & choose a white base color so that the colors will pop.
2. Make a checkered pattern using a light colored acrylic to serve as a guide. Make sure that they are equal because the lines at the sides would be your guide for the shape of your lunula.
3. Apply additional lines like so to make it equal.
4. When you fill in the squares, start with the lighter color, in this case i started with yellow....
5. Then pink... You can play with the color application in the pattern if you want to. You can just add random colors too!
6. Green for additional coolness & playfulness!
7. Blue to bring in a strong & bold color.. but it should still be a pastel blue.
8. With your choice of color (pink in my case), carefully draw a curve to make the ends meet to finish the lunula.
9. Fill that space up with your color.
10. You can do an additional color application to make everything look neat before you start lining the edges.
11. Using a glitter polish, outline the lines to make the checkered pattern more flirty!
12. I applied 3 stars at the middle using the stars that i have on my glitter polish.
13. To finish it off, i stamped in a cute ribbon at the lunula to give it an extra cute factor!
14. Don't forget to top it off with a top coat!
Time to admire your cute nails!~
I love this design. I have received lots of compliment with this design!
I'm sure that you will too!
I would love to see your version of this nail art too!
Hope you all will have a good start for the year 2012.
I thank you all for the blog support that i received. I hope that you will continue supporting my blog for a long time.
Hope you all will have a prosperous new year!~
Akemashite Omedetou Gozaimasu!
Kotoshi mo yoroshiku onegaishimasu,ne? hihihi