Saturday, July 25, 2009

Nails: Contrasting dots

It's 12am here in the Philippines & im still awake..i was watching Charmed & doing my nails...

What you probably don't know is that i put nail polish only during weekends...I erase it come monday or tuesday...because i wanted my nails to take a break from all of the nail stuff that i put on it during weekends...

So this would be my nails for the weekend..


I watched JulieG713's video long before & its only now that i remember to do this nail look...

This is fairly simple & you don't even have to have a steady hand because it doesn't need to be perfect. Again, the main tool for this one is just a tooth pick..or a hairpin..if you have a dotting tool, then that's great.

How to:
Sorry for the pic..it's night time & there's not much that i can do about it....so bear with me while i walk you through this..

Start with a base color.
Then paint half of your nails with a white/contrasting polish

Dip the toothpick on one color because you will have to make random dots on the lower part of your nails
No need to make a uniform pattern...its more fun if you just dot the hell out, just keeping in mind that the other side should have more dots than the other...

Then dip your toothpick again on the other color to make dots, this time on the top part...


Do the same thing that you did with the lower part...make some dots, just making sure that the other side of your nails have more dots...so it would totally look like this in the end..

Top it with a clear polish & a finishing coat & you're good to go!

Simple & easy,huh?
It won't take you long..actually it would only take long if you use slow-drying polish...But if you use fast dry, then this is just an easy as a breeze!

Want to put a twist?...
Well, when you do the other, make sure that the base coat is the color that you used on the top part of your other hand...

Like this one!

Ok, now it's 1:26 am...
It's already saturday!

Happy weekend,everybody!
Mata ne!

14 comments:

G. said...

OMG I looove this look! Sooo cute! Thanks for breaking it down into steps--I cannot wait to try it. You make it look so easy! :) xo

xoladiihoneyxo said...

I like it =] very simple to do.

Anonymous said...

weee how cute and neat you make it look so easy pero pag ako na cguro magkakalat ako hehe..
thx for the tut so helpful never thought of hairpin haha so clever!!!

Dee said...

That's a really cute mani! I might try doing that one of these days. :D

♥ Nehs ♥ said...

whoa... sis, this is uber pretttyyyyy!!!!!! LOVE iT!!!!! galing! can't do that w/ my own nails. :((

thanks for the comment love! <3 busy-busyhan ako these days sis eh, namiss ko din gumawa ng mga ganong looks. :) thanks sweetheart!

~xoxo

twinsouls888 said...

wow you're really good at doing your nails . I like the design. I'm really impressed. I'm so envious ,I can only do nail cleaning on my left hand, sa right hand di na ako marunong ^_^. Lalo na sguro pag lagyan ko pa kulay, naku! Di ko ma-imagine ang kalat hehe.

BTW tnx for droppin by my blog. With regards to the Kojic soap, try using it first on your wrists because a few are sensitive to kojic acid soap. I hope this works for you too. Goodluck girl ^_^.

mszcheysser said...

My, oh myyyyyyy! WHAT LOVELY NAILS! & the colors are so wearable. It's pretty simple too! THANKS FOR SHARING! :)

Jackie said...

Really cute!

Anastacia said...

Sooo cute! Loveee your simple and cute nail design! Gonna try it out on my nails as well :)
Really like it! Exciting!

♥ Nehs ♥ said...

haha..morning na nga pala sis.nyak!wala ngang kalatoy-latoy review ko e,di katulad nyo. :) thanks anyway!have agreat sunday sistah!

di ako maka-lagay ng msg s CBOX m eh.. pasaway na naman tong pc ko. hehe..

Crystal said...

that's so great! nice nails.

Unknown said...

this is amazing!! its soo pretty too.

Dana Yoshimizu said...

Wow what a cool and creative idea for your nails :)

Camille Santos said...

so cute thiamere!!i wish my hands is as sturdy as yours

Believe in B.liv's Dump Off Drawn! I do!

I was contacted by B.liv weeks ago to try out their products. I have been so lazy in applying any skin care products lately that I can alrea...