Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Take it to the beach contest entry

It's been a while since i was able to post anything on my 'makeup looks' tag...
So here is another one....a contest entry for Miss Yaya's Take it to the beach contest.

All through the time i was debating on doing a 'beach inspired' look or an 'under the sea inspired' look...
So i just decided that i do a beach inspired look with mermaids in mind...

The colors would be the beach colors...& the line 'deco' would be for mermaids...(huh?where did that come from?XD)

Anyways, this is the look
my skin is not at its best...im breaking out...& i still have my post acne marks!argh!
I did not use falsies for i can't use a black liner & it would totally ruin my golden yellow liner!


A closeup look
How did i make this?
It's actually quite simple..all we need to do is to just line all of the 4 colors together then blend the hell!


First, blend the yellows together..then the blues...then the blue & yellow...just taking extra care not disturbing the inner corners of the eyes..like so..

Since they are primary colors, when you blend it out, then you'll have the green...& that's what i want to achieve...a tinge of green amidst the blue & yellows. So it would look like 3 colors...with the middle color being a soft combination of everything! Don't forget to line the lower area using the same colors that you did at the top.


As for the liner...actually i don't have any golden yellow liner..i just mixed a little bit of vaseline & a golden yellow pigments (talking about improvising,huh?) then i set it using the same color.

Lined my waterline using white...curled my lashes using Fanny Serrano lash curler & apply NYX Doll Eyes Mascara.

I highlighted my brows using Everyday Minerals in Olive Fair...it's too fair & i use it as a highlighter. I defined my brows using Fashion 21 Brow Duo...by the way, i primed my lids using UDPP & a little of Chapstick!

As for the rest of my face...i primed my face using Smashbox Cooling tint 4, concealed my dark spots using NYX Concealer in Jar in Medium, Everyday Minerals in Golden Medium as my face base...added a gorgeous shimmer/highlighter on my cheekbones using MAC loose powder in Drizzlegold & mineral blush, its a combination of Everyday Minerals, Joppa Minerals & Makeup Masala Minerals...i was able to come up with a nice blush for me..yay!

Then i finished it with Lancome Juicy Tubes in Fraise.

Here are the stuff that i used:
I numbered the shadows that i used...& if you go back to the top, i labeled it too...


Make sure you join Miss Yaya's contest,k?

20 comments:

Anastacia said...

Looks Cool! Remind to me something tropical-ish! Very nice color combination! Esp I like the fun eyeliner on!

♥ Nehs ♥ said...

sooo pretty! love the glitter liner u apply! the first photo is sooo nice!

xoladiihoneyxo said...

this look def. makes me think of tropical! gorgeous look.

Shantee said...

beautiful beach look!
I love your hair btw! :)

Ida said...

you look like a pretty mermaid! :)
and i swear i don't see your acne marks.
i'm sorry i didn't get to enter your giveaway, was preoccupied the past couple of weeks :(

Crissy said...

Wow seriously hot with those colors lol

Your skin looks nice from what I see!

Dana Yoshimizu said...

What a great entry & a very fun contes! :D

Tiff said...

Great entry! I really love the yellow/green/blue gradient :).

Elsa said...

yellow suits you best sis!!! luuuuvvve the accessories as well!!! more from you thiamere!!!! MWAH!

Sherry said...

wow so cute and lovely! hehe.. sure take you to beach.

Chrissy said...

Nice look! I like the liner especially. :)

Unknown said...

Nice! :)

donnarence said...

ang ganda gurl.. goodluck sa contest.. love the color and the liner.. waah.. creative na you used pigments.. hehe ganda talaga

Miss Yaya said...

this looks great thiamere!! you've gotten so great at blending!!

Crystal said...

i love this look! it's probably my favorite among all your looks so far.

My-My said...

How pretty! I wanted to join Yaya's contest, but I am having a hard time thinking of what to do. :( You got very creative. Good luck.

and take your time on the package. :) send it when you can. I know that everyone is busy around this time of month. ;) I understand.

Anonymous said...

nice blending ... i luv the color combo esp when the yellow blend the green e/s hmm just nice! the second pix is cute hihi!

mszcheysser said...

Hiii! Love the colors! I love your hair, you do look like a mermaid - especially the last picture. You're looking so seductive!

noone said...

awww you look like a forest nymph! I like the yellow thing you drew beside your eye :D Lovely look for sure <3

Sherry said...

my favourite is last pic! hee.. reminds me of little mermaid :)

Believe in B.liv's Dump Off Drawn! I do!

I was contacted by B.liv weeks ago to try out their products. I have been so lazy in applying any skin care products lately that I can alrea...