Monday, June 29, 2009

Splurge & Save - June

It's the end of the month again...time for the Splurge & Save corner...

Zits keep popping on my face...& im really getting annoyed with this pesky bumps so my June splurge & save will be about pimple treatment...

As what i said before, when i was a teenager i have never broken out as much as i do now..& its really irritating. So on my quest to find out what can help fight zits, i present to you the products that i have tried/been eyeing....

For Tea Tree Oil:

Splurge: The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil

-The pre-blended tea tree oil formulation is a true superstar. Not only is it great for emergency, on-the-spot care of blemishes, it is a multi-functional product that can be used in many other ways.
-$9.00
-pros:as what they said, it's multi-function
-cons:none




Save: Zen Zest Tea Tree Oil


-Extracted from the leaves and twigs of the Australian Tea Tree, its anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties deep cleanses your skin and leaves it blemish free.
-Php 120 (less than $3)
-pros:same with TBS oil, this can also be multi-function
-cons:might not be available internationally

Tea Tree Oil really works! Just dab a little on the bump...especially at night & the moment you wake up it's gone!

For Acne Treatment Concealer:

Splurge: Murad Acne Treatment Concealer



-Heals blemishes with acne-fighting Salicylic Acid while providing long lasting coverage
-$21
-pros: it's not drying unlike other concealers
-cons: only 3 shades:light, medium, dark





Save: Physicians Formula Conceal Rx Physicians Strength Concealer
-Maximum coverage concealer formula that glides on smoothly to conceal blemishes, dark under-eye circles, scars, birthmarks, age spots, bruises, rosacea and hyperpigmentation.
-$8
-pros: available everywhere
-cons: might be a bit drying

We need to conceal zits, but at the same time we don't want to pack cosmetics on our pores seeing as its all red & swollen. These concealers do the job in concealing & healing!

For Clarifying Mask:

Splurge: Murad Clarifying Mask

-Draws out impurities and absorbs excess oil to control and prevent breakouts
-$37
-pros: works almost instantly
-cons: the smell might be overwhelming for some because of the sulfur




Save: Aspirin Mask

-check my post to know more info about it HERE
-a bottle of aspirin is more or less than $3
-pros: dirt cheap & is available everywhere
-cons: you have to take the time to prepare it for yourself



If we need to use Clarifying shampoo on our hair..how much more our face?!
i swear that Aspirin mask works wonder...Murad's mask will definitely be good seeing as it got sulfur (sulfur heals any skin problems)..but since Aspirin Mask works for me..i don't see myself buying the mask..maybe sometime... XD

Hope this month's Splurge & Save post will help you in combating those pesky zits.
I also made a post before about pimple treatment..you can read it HERE, if you want to.

Until next month's Splurge & Save
Jaa!
^_~

Hope everybody will have a lovely week ahead!

9 comments:

Catmare said...

Hi! I'm embarrassed to ask this but what is an Aspirin Mask? Is that like a real beauty product you buy or any aspirin would work?.. Hmm.. I'll google bout it. lol. =)

Catmare said...

Oh I saw your post bout it. I understand now. =)

Bijin Blair said...

Thank you for this informative post! I've used TBS's Tea Tree Oil and it did nothing for me... I'm keeping an eye out for the other alternatives that you outlined in your post! =D

noone said...

hehe thanks for your lovely comment <3 Asprin mask huh I've never heard of that before! Interesting... btw I tried the egg white mask you talked about... I liked it!! I could actually feel it when it was drying!

I use that tea tree oil from Body Shop before and it was great, I love it :)

Sugar Bunnie said...

I've been taking diane 35 for a few years now, it really worked for my bad acne, I had smooth face until this month, I stop taking it!!!!! :( because I got lazy and wasnt taking the pills everyday.
NOW I got pimples all over my neck and face (I guess poor diet), I couldnt wait until last week for my period, so that I can start a new pack of pills :)
My face looks better already♥ (I was so depressed)they cost $10 every month,

OH, my point is... hehe
you should try them ♥they are a life savor, you dont have to worry about trying a million things, that was way too much products you listed.
I hope I didnt gross you out ;)

Anastacia said...

I still want to try aspirin mask!

Awe! and btw, the IOPE one is Japan brand I think, but not sure :(

Anonymous said...

hey thiamere! :)

you said the physician's formula one is available everywhere.
where exactly can i find it here in the Philippines? thank you so much

-aya

Jem said...

@ aya
i found one in ebay before & also in a stall in st francis square before, but then when i checked it the last time they don't have it na e
>_<

im not sure why pero wala na ko makitang physician's formula being sold in the stores e
how sad nga e

Anonymous said...

Oh.. that's too bad.. but thank you so much for the info. :)

-aya

Believe in B.liv's Dump Off Drawn! I do!

I was contacted by B.liv weeks ago to try out their products. I have been so lazy in applying any skin care products lately that I can alrea...