Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Fashion 21 Blush Powder Review


Time to let our local products shine....

I saw this baby when i bought something...already at the counter about to pay, & the lady behind me was holding this one...then afterward, i went to the saleslady & asked her about it. She happily swatched it on her arms & i was amazed at how nice it was! Since it was just Php150 ($3-$3.50)...i think...so i decided to buy it...it's 4 grams,by the way..i think that's really pretty cheap!

Packaging is good...it got a brush already so all you need to do is to actually just shake it then brush it on. The cap also got a small mirror at the top so this would be a good product to bring with you for touch ups...

This is how it looks like..i put it on a kitchen towel first so that you will see the details of the loose powder & when it is 'untouched'...

pic taken with flash

pic taken without flash


If you take a closer look at it (the pic with the flash) you'll see that it's shimmery. It got that golden peachy shimmer.Actually when i swatched it lightly, the first thing that appeared was the golden shimmer...then if you continue brushing it over & over, then the peachy pink will 'cover' & blend with the golden tone giving that naturally flushed,radiant look.

Time to swatch it...


Shoot! its a bit hard to see it clearly,huh?...
wait..ill take a good pic for you...

so i just applied on the inside of my arm so that the skin would be even...
My arms are tan because of playing badminton...

Don't wanna put it on my cheeks because im staying away from cosmetics as much as possible...

Look at that....
Doesn't that look naturally flushed? i think it looks so pretty..

What's great about this is that its so fine that if you applied it even with a heavy stroke it would still look light... so kudos for that!

This would be perfect for daytime!

I like the blush...& how convenient the packaging is..with a brush & a mirror... but then what i don't like about this one is the brush itself... Not because its stiff or coarse, but it got that funky smell...


Im picky when it comes to face brushes...i hate brushes that got that funky, weird smell (which i guess is because of the glue that was used on it...

I tried washing the brush (which i know is not a good idea since this is the kind that got a built-in brush, but i still did because i really hate the smell...Washed it twice because the smell is still there...Anyways, what im after is the blush itself so i'll just buy another jar & transfer it...& ill just be using my regular blush brush to apply it.

Anyways, a short recap for all my blah blah..

Pros:
  • cheap
  • shimmery but not too much
  • perfect for daytime use
  • texture is so fine
Cons:
  • the brush smells funky
  • might not be available internationally
  • based on the SA, there's just one shade available..(ill have to make sure of that though)
Im not much of a shimmer user, but i can get away with this. I like how it makes my cheeks look so natural! I'll definitely buy this again...

That is my cheap find for this month...

How about you?
What good product have you found that won't break the bank?
Share it with us!

(^o^)

11 comments:

AskMeWhats said...

fashion 21 makes good blushes! :) thanks for the swatch, it looks super pretty

eki said...

looks like really nice pretty pink color!

Camille Santos said...

i saw this one as well sis,its pretty nga

donnarence said...

i saw this one.. wanna try the most pink.. :D

*KiM* said...

I haven't tried any blush from F21. how about the staying power sis?

Kaz said...

weird, just one shade! but it does look pretty. the shimmer may be too much for some though (me, haha). mom's looking for a blush, maybe i can buy this for her.

Anastacia said...

WOW! The pay off just amazing! Sooo cute color! Very lovely pink :)

Anonymous said...

this looks nice! kaya lang sana wala na ung brush hehe it's just extra costs since the performance is crappy :p hey nice find though XD like a nice everyday blush. :3

clean&clear pimple gel is my cheap find for the month hehe. it doesn't sting but i think it works on me!

mszcheysser said...

Wow, that's a good price! I miss Philippines for that very reason! I wish I could go there soon! :( Waaaaah!

KRYSTAL said...

i love philippines, cuz u can find some cheap and good quality thinggs!! so jelouss!

Ida said...

it's a really pretty pink! :) fashion21 has some surprisingly nice items. am also not putting on any makeup til i visit my derma. hope your skin improves soon! :)

Believe in B.liv's Dump Off Drawn! I do!

I was contacted by B.liv weeks ago to try out their products. I have been so lazy in applying any skin care products lately that I can alrea...