Thursday, June 04, 2009

~rants & ramblings~ red lippie & safe cosmetics..

Waiting is such sweet sorrow...
*sigh*

i ordered a couple of stuff online...a few weeks/days ago..& waiting for it to arrive is so just testing my patience...Im excited & im so looking forward in seeing the post office's notification cards about my packages...grrrr! can't wait to try the Dariya Hair Fringe..

Anyways, my main rambling would be about red lipstick & the topic of safe cosmetics...

I know that there are lots of shades of red lippies out there...if we don't have the slightest idea in picking the right shade, we could get lost out there standing bewildered in the hundreds of red colors...

I have a warm tone, & its been said that a red color with an orange-y or brown undertone would suit me best. Im just not sure about that...though i guess so...basing on my very limited lip products, i can say that red with orange undertone suits me... Then for people with cool tones, lip colors with blue undertones compliments them...

So, my question is....(that have been asked by most bloggers!~now its my turn to ask..lol)

"HOW DO YOU CHOOSE A RED LIPSTICK?"

I don't have that much of lip stuff with me...especially red! So would you,lovely ladies, help out a confused girl in choosing a good red lipstick..

I just had a couple of experience with red lippies...namely:
  • Lancome Le Rouge Absolu in Rouge Ambre - which i just used once up until it hardens...
  • Lancome L'Absolu Rouge in Absolute Rouge - which is included in my makeup set...which i try to not use too often...i save it for special occasions..lol
  • NYX Round Lipstick in Femme - i mostly use this when i do contest entry
  • NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Burgundy - now this is really brick red! remember my Maleficent look?
That's it!

If im gonna follow the "rule" (geez..i can't believe it! there is a rule in choosing red lipstick..lol!), then it means that MAC Russian Red won't compliment me since i think it has a blue undertone *checks MAC's site*...yep,im right!.....

arrrgghhhh!!!!so confusing...*clutches head*

Speaking of that...MAC website says that all purchases are FREE STANDARD SHIPPING for any purchase...dang! its up until June 6....
Times like these really get me down when such brands don't ship internationally..lol!

Ok,enough with the red lippie stuff..i know that you girls, will come save me..lol

Second part of ranting is Safe Cosmetics...

Lead in Cosmetics had been an undying topic when we talk about safe cosmetics...

Now don't get me wrong, im not gonna name names...but when i read a blogger's entry about it...(im so sorry if i can't remember who that blogger is... >_<...i tried to look for her in my blog list, but i keep on being confused...all credit goes to her about the warning..) ...& WATCHED THIS VIDEO...
i became a little concerned about the products that i used...

Make sure you watch it too...

So, i did a little test on a couple of cosmetics that i use... Sorry if it looks blurry...


I swatched some lip colors & an eye pencil...
After i did the test..it became like this:


Now you be the judge.....

If you think this is not a good test, then for another question....

"WHAT IS SAFE COSMETIC FOR YOU?"

Whew!
After lots of ranting....i think im feeling better now...haha
but im still dying from anticipation about my packages....grrrrr!!!!

Jaa~!

14 comments:

Kaz said...

the only only red lippie i have is MAC Viva Glam III. it's a matte so it works great as a stain. as in you dab it on then spread like a stain. pwede rin raw as cheek stain. it's more berry than red so not sure if it's blue-undertoned.

but you know what, i don't think the blue undertone thing is true! wear what you want, girl.

& about the lead, max factor raw meron? not sure a haha.

Jem said...

tlga?
haha..
buti n lng hnd ako bumibili ng max factor...

ill keep that in mind...
mac viva glam,hmmm....

thanks,kaz!

donnarence said...

hala,, totoo ba ang lead thingy?? katakot ah.. i only use one red lippie,, yung avon red roses.. before maybelline watershine in dragonfly red.. i dunno if available pa ito..hehe

Jem said...

i guess so..

i saw a clip from CNN about the lead in lipstick...

& its a surprise to know that the brand that you least expect to have lead are the ones who have a high lead content...
ekk! ('o')

noone said...

interesting!! I don't usually use bright red lipsticks because it's hard to pull off the look, plus I work in an office environment so I have to keep my make up more nude...

mszcheysser said...

Whoa! Thank goodness, I don't wear that much lipsticks! I'm going to look at the video, once I get home! :)

Care GUMIN said...

Hi Thiamere, this lead thing really ticks me off! haha. since I have loads of lippies. Well, I'm a NC 35 skin tone (MAC) and Im more keen on the darker reds than the bright reds. :)

Jem said...

@pop champagne
yeah..its better to do nude/neutral looks in an office environment.
^_^

@myzcheysser
yeah,you should..
i got a bit concerned after watching it & testing some of the products that i uses...

@care
haha..i know the feeling!lol

Sassy J'adore said...

Hey girl~
Thanks for dropping by my blog and following.
In regards to red lipstick, I don't wear any shade of red just because I can never pull it off. I stick to pinks, corals, and neutral colors. Sry, I can't help much on this.
Lovely blog. I'm going to follow too. =)

Jem said...

haha..
no problem,hun...
same with me..
im just a lip balm girl so i get lost in the waves of red selection
XD

thanks!
*hugs*

* Jen * said...

I don't own any red lipsticks. I'm not brave enough to wear red, even if it is my favorite color. I don't know, I just don't think I could pull it off.

Thanks for the link on safe cosmetics. It's always important to know what's inside the products you're using, especially if you're putting it on your face. =)

Jem said...

same with me..im not a red lippie person so im a bit clueless about it

yeah..i got so concerned about it too..
its better to share things like this so to help each other out
^_^

Tali said...

I love red lipstick.. it suits me so im lucky. I dont chose it it choses me. I go to the store and hear it calling my name.. 'pssst.. buy meeee' lol!

Jem said...

wow...
you're very lucky!
did you ever had a hard time choosing what shade to buy?don't you ever confuse from all those colors?

Believe in B.liv's Dump Off Drawn! I do!

I was contacted by B.liv weeks ago to try out their products. I have been so lazy in applying any skin care products lately that I can alrea...