Sunday, June 14, 2009

In2it Eye Majic Instant Eye Shadow

I know that most of you have seen or heard of this one before...

A few of them are:
  • Avon In a Wink Instant Eyeshadow sheet
  • ColorOn Professional Instant Eye Shadow Applicators
  • WonderEyes Instant Shadow
  • EyeMajic Instant Eye shadow

I did & i got so curious about this when i saw this & wanted to try it for myself, but i think that its impractical to spend money for something like this...But at the back of my mind, i so wanted to try this out for myself....

Today i went to the mall & just decided that once & for all, give my mind a rest from curiosity. I bought 2 to try...


Based on the very small brochure that i have, it got 11 shades...i forgot to ask that to the SA when i brought this. I just chatted a bit with her so i wasn't able to ask much info on it.I just brought 2 shades.

Ok, without further ado, this is how it looks like... Click the image to make it larger

I choose this one just because it looks cute..lol!

Based on the instructions, its just
  1. swipe
  2. wipe
  3. go
Hmmm....pretty easy,right?

Well,let's get on with it. I took the right part first...

After swiping it, it looks like this

I also indicated where my crease line is so that you would have an idea
Ok...so far so good...let me put the other one...

I pressed it on my lids

then swipe it...& presto! instant eyeshadow in mere seconds!

Since it was my first time so you would see some traces of the shadow around my eyes... >_< It's either i did something wrong on my other eye because you can see the shape of the sheet... which is pretty annoying & distracting.

A closeup look...

right eye:


left eye:

Im such a dummy..it never occurred to me to blend it afterward -_-"
i guess its because the instructions says 'swipe & go'... *shrugs shoulder*

When i tried to blend, i can't blend it anymore because it's so hard to...i used a pencil brush just to blend it out, tried to blend it softly but i just can't blend it..i ended up erasing it instead.. ('_')

Well i guess its because the color is too light to actually do some more blending... *sigh*

I think this is not suited for people who have deep set eyes because if you look at it closely the bottom shadow's (the lid area) color is not wide enough...i guess this one was designed for asian eyes...(this brand that i bought)....but that's just my opinion..

Pros:

  • eyeshadow in mere minutes
  • east to use
  • shimmery (perfect for those who like shimmers)
  • can be erased very easily
  • sheer soft look
  • ready made color combination
Cons:
  • might not fit all lids
  • expensive
  • not bright enough (for me) XD
  • i dont think they have matte ones
  • limited choices of shades
  • the undereye area will be left bare
Well, that's my 2 cents...
It really saves you time...especially if you are in a hurry but would still like to have a pretty 'made up' look.

I'll not be buying this anymore... It just feels like im just throwing away my money after each use. Plus the fact that i won't be able to put anything on my lower lashline. I consider my eye makeup done if i am able to emphasize my eyes by applying shadows below too....

The color is not that 'bright' & dramatic...its too sheer for my taste...

But im glad that i have tried it..at last!
I'll save the other one for when i really don't have the time to do my makeup...i still enjoy putting colors on my face...

Have any of you tried an eyeshadow sheet?

^_~

29 comments:

* Jen * said...

I haven't tried that yet, but I'm hesitant to try this. I think I've read a couple of not-good reviews and I just don't think it's worth it. I don't wear eyeshadow on a regular basis and when I do, I really want to take my time to make sure I look good. =)

But I hope you've satisfied your curiousity! Thanks for reviewing this.

donnarence said...

ooohh.. i wanted to to try this before when i am dumb in e/s application.. the color is nice.. perhaps the darker ones are better.. :D

Crystal said...

yep, i've seen this too. it's pricey if you ask me that's why i don't want to try it out. i saw something like this featured in the tyra show and looks better than the in2it version though.

KRYSTAL said...

wow niiice, so thats how it works!

Shantee said...

Cool.. :)

Kaz said...

i didn't know in2it has this. it's weird how the highlight doesn't reach up to below the brows. & it doesn't have e/l too.

Anonymous said...

lol this is like tattoo for the eyes XD well all i can say is that we better stick with the real deal e/s XD

Sassy J'adore said...

I heard of these,but never tried them. It can be easy to apply, but might need to do some touch up as well. Thanks for sharing. =)

Sugar Bunnie said...

great review♥
I always see something like this in the avon catalogs, and always wondered if they work.
I think you did a great job, but it is a waste of money. They should come in different sizes.

Anastacia said...

Awe! thanq for the review! for first time you did it just great! looks pretty even on your both eyes! have you tried Q-tips for blending out the harsh lines? may be it will be works better then brushes...

mszcheysser said...

Oh! I didn't notice that you already posted this! Eeeeks.

WOW! It looks good though. I would totally use if it I was in a hurry, and needed something in the eyes but I kinda would want to put some eye liner. :((

Dana Yoshimizu said...

I'm glad that you did a review. I keep considering buying products like this, but are not sure. Now I know that I'm fine doing my own makeup :)

Jem said...

@jen
yeah...& now i know that i won't ever buy this for myself ever again >_<

@donna
maybe so..
i still have the purple with me...i'll keep it then but it's still sheer...

@crystal
yeah...i think that one is darker...& better
though i have to say that this one is really for asian eyes

Jem said...

@krystal & shantee
maybe you should give it a try too
^_^

@kaz
yeah...that's why im thinking if i actually did something wrong with it
>_<

@gia
i couldn't agree more,girl!
^_~

Jem said...

@sassy
no problem,sweetie
^_^


@sugar bunnie
yeah...
plus you can't do anything about the color combination if it doesn't suit you...

@anastacia
maybe so..
i'll keep that in mind so that when i use the other one, i will be able to blend it out
^_~

Jem said...

@myzcheysser
yeah..i think this is specifically designed for women on the go...

one major disadvantage is that if you don't have the exact color of it you won't be able to match it if you would still want to put something on your lower lids

@dana
yup..
this is a total waste of money...lol

noone said...

omg that's so cool!!!! No I've never seen it before but that reminds me of that epsoide on the Simpsons when Homer invented the Make Up Gun HAHAHA!

Thanks for all your kind comments ^^

Jem said...

haha..lol XD
a makeup gun!
rofl!
in a way its good but i'll not buy this anymore

Shen said...

i really find this kind of product as a rip off. IMHO, it takes away the fun in learning makeup and makes people think that makeup is hard to do when its not, scaring more women to experiment more. LOL! mashado bang mareact? really, di ba? the amount you pay for this can buy you makeups that'll give you a lot of looks to create. money is so sayang with this one. glad that this post will make others rethink on this kind of product. :) coz really, its fun to be creative with looks di ba? your kind of talent can't be contained in a ready made shadow sticker thingy.

Jem said...

definitely!
very well said,sis!
^_^

Ahleessa said...

Thank you for the tag, as well as, checking up on me! :)

I don't know where to get the perfume in Asia. Sorry I wasn't much help... hehe~

I also heard the instant eyeshadow is harder than it looks... hehe~ I don't think you're doing anything wrong. I think they made it badly. :X

kamyara kay said...

wow i didnt even know that things like this existed.
but i think you did a really good job when you used it for the first time :) mine would have looked worse i promise ^__^
love
kamy
xxx

Ida said...

the colors look cute pero parang ang hirap nga iapply evenly :)

Jem said...

@ahleessa
lol
its ok
haha
i wish i'll be able to get my hands on harajuku lovers too

@kamyara
i dont actually know if this is a good 'invention' or not..
lol!

Jem said...

@ida
yeah...but i guess it would take some practice
lol

Miss Yaya said...

I'm always thinking about trying these types of products out but I never get around to it. Maybe if you can't blend, you should find a matching shadow and just put on top? I guess that would still defeat the purpose of apply and go

Sherry said...

wow this sure save time :)

Jem said...

@miss yaya
yeah...
if you have the matching color that would be great..but if not..then you'll go bare-eye..lol
XD

@sherry
yeah..it does
^_^

Victoria said...

I've never seen anything like this before!! Good post. xx

http://lilyloveslola.blogspot.com/

Believe in B.liv's Dump Off Drawn! I do!

I was contacted by B.liv weeks ago to try out their products. I have been so lazy in applying any skin care products lately that I can alrea...