Friday, June 12, 2009

~girlie pink nails~

Another nail post?!Im doing it again...double posting in a single day...
it's just that i have a saturday date with a girlfriend so i might not be able to do this tomorrow..
i don't wanna schedule it too...for it seems so 'unpersonal'...

so im linking this post to my other post about Top Coat...
click HERE if you wanna read it....

For lack of names that i could think of, i just titled this one as girlie pink nails, though i think it deserves better name for i think this is a very cute look...

I had a hard time doing it on my nails..but i think its worth it...this is my 2nd nail tutorial...yay!

Im not much on pink nails....i mean bare pink...so i guess that's why i was having a hard time thinking of a word to describe this...

This is my first time doing this so its not perfect...but im sure with practice it will be so much better. So sorry if it looks crappy... >_< CLICK IT so that you can see it clearly (but excuse the mess i did on my little finger XD )

Kawaii desho?
Cute,isn't it?

Though i need to practice more just to get it straight...

Ok,on with the tutorial...

Since i did this ahead of time i wasn't able to take pictures...so for now, i just applied it on a white plastic container...XD
Advice, use a polish that is runny. Don't use a fast dry one for you won't be able to do it...

What you'll need:
  • art pen or a brush with thin & long bristles
  • toothpick or needle
  • nail polishes (2 contrasting colors)
-Decide on the colors that you would be using...It's better to use contrasting color so that the pattern will be seen clearly. In my case, i used white & pink.

-Apply a base coat..Let it dry


-Apply a base color...wait until it becomes a little tacky (just a little!) then apply 3 strips of polish using the nail pen..or a brush with thin & long bristles would do...


- While everything is still wet run a toothpick on it starting from the base of the nails going to the edge...Just like in the pic....


-Let dry...then put either a clear polish on top or glittered ones...just make sure that you apply a polish before putting a top coat on...


Don't let the polish dry before running it with the toothpick because if you do,it will leave an ugly line & space in between...so its better to do this while everything is still wet & thick.

For an added flair, you can run the toothpick on an alternating direction...
Yeah,i got this idea from a cake show that i watched long ago...

For the life of me,i don't know what word to use to describe this design..if there is one...lol
I tried looking for pics of cake that got this design...but i can't find any.. >_<

Anyway, this would be my nails for the weekend....This would be perfect since ill be seeing a girlfriend & will be doing girlie stuff..
Im pretty sure ill have a great Saturday...

Hope you'll have a great weekend!

12 comments:

Jenn said...

Very cute! I saw this design last time I went to the nail salon. Now I can try to do it at home =)

donnarence said...

so cute thiamere... i wanna try this but i suck at polish application.. :S

gio said...

This is so cute, I love it!

Shantee said...

cute design! :)

Dana Yoshimizu said...

Thanks for showing us how you did it :D

noone said...

toothpick! What an idea! Thanks for sharing! my left hand nails are always better than my right hand nails since I'm right handed lol, I need to work on my nail skillz~

btw saw the videos, FUNNY STUFF!!! :D

KRYSTAL said...

ooo i think ive seen a tutorial of this on youtube and been wanting to try it out!! looks amazingggg girl, thanks for the tutorial! =] also thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment on my blog postttt. =DD

Crissy said...

I like this! I'll try it out

mszcheysser said...

Oh! You use a toothpick!? Haha. No wonder my nail art is so second rated from everyone else. *JeEAaLoUsSsS! :)

Great tutorial, love! ♥

Dana Yoshimizu said...

Yes, I really like the brushes. I haven't tired the $1 ones, but the Studio line brushes work great. I highly suggest that you buy some, especially the powder brush :) It works wonders and is only $3

Anastacia said...

So cute pinky design! Thanq for the tutorial!

Liz said...

I've tried this nail design before, it's so pretty :)

Believe in B.liv's Dump Off Drawn! I do!

I was contacted by B.liv weeks ago to try out their products. I have been so lazy in applying any skin care products lately that I can alrea...