Sunday, June 07, 2009

St. Ives Makeup Remover & Facial Cleanser

This is one makeup remover that i have tried...

And sadly, im not impressed at all...

I brought this thinking that i'll be able to save money (yes, im that stingy!lol) if im gonna buy a big bottle instead of the small tub of Pond's Cold Cream. So i put this on my shopping basket & happily brought other stuff too...

Upon arriving home, i have to take my makeup off so i decided to use this instead of what i usually use. I squirt a little on my palm & applied it on my face...massaged it for a couple of seconds, when all of a sudden, i felt a burning sensation (take note...BURNING! not stinging) which made me rinse my face with water immediately...

Uh oh! not good!

Im in the middle of removing my makeup when i felt that...in mere seconds, i felt it...i guess its ok if i can feel a stinging sensation about a minute or two...but SECONDS?!...that's crazy!

I hate products that gives burning sensation...i guess that's why lip plumpers don't work for me, i just give it away.. So what i did was just use Cetaphil to finish the job...but man, it still hurts!

But then, i didn't lose hope...not wanting to think i spent my money for nothing, i decided to try it again...

The next time i went out, put on make up & go about my business...went home & about to remove my make up, i reached for this again...Squirt a pea-sized on my fingers & massaged it on my face...but its still the same...

*sigh*
No hope for me there...So, from then on, i decided not to use this again..

Its just sitting on our bathroom..i judt put it there for there might be some situations where i would be too tired to go to my room to pick up my cold cream...i guess its ok to use this if i am under the shower...with water continuously pouring, maybe it won't burn that much... but who knows..i haven't tried it yet..

It's supposed to be ok for sensitive skin since it has chamomile on it...

Anyways, if it works for me, it doesn't mean it won't work for others,right?

Have any of you tried this?
Did it work for you?

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Ohhhh no!!!! That sucks! I hate it when you buy something and it totally doesn't work, or worse burns your skin, ouch! I can't use things that burn my skin either, I am a sooky la-la when it comes to my face!! I use Neutrogena, it's nice and cheap but it does the trick if that helps :)

donnarence said...

uh oh... i wanted to throw my st. ives too.. the moisturizer.. it has a burning sensation too.. but i kept using it. what do you think girl?? it is soo big.. i asked the forums about this nobody answered.. or is the burning sensation just normal for them..

Kaz said...

that does not remove makeup at all! after using it i reached for my toner then found loads of makeup residue on the cotton! it also contains mineral oil w/c broke me out. it made my face super soft, though.

i used the rest of the product to condition my brushes after washing.

* Jen * said...

I haven't tried St. Ives Facial Cleanser, but I use their Apricot Scrub and it works fine for me. =)

To take off my makeup, I use Nivea Cleansing Milk Makeup Remover. It's for sensitive skin and has not irritated my skin at all.

Ida said...

a burning sensation is not good! i like how grainy their apricot scrub is but sometimes it leaves my face so red. with makeup removers i'm pretty happy with humanheartnature's and cleansing oil :)

noone said...

ya you get what you pay for... I bought st ives body wash cuz it was cheap and it gave me a rash!

Abby said...

oh my! I was looking at this a while ago in the grocery store. good thing i didn't bought it! gee! thanks for this review ;)

Crissy said...

Wow that product looks too new lol. Their regular scrubs are good. Does it have beads in it? I tried Pond's toner and it burned the crap out of my face. One of those products that go on cold and surprise attack you haha.

Believe in B.liv's Dump Off Drawn! I do!

I was contacted by B.liv weeks ago to try out their products. I have been so lazy in applying any skin care products lately that I can alrea...