Friday, June 12, 2009

Revlon Top Coat vs Caronia Top Coat

Remember when i brought the Revlon Top Coat & i said that ill be doing a review about it...it's time for it...

I don't have that much nail care stuff with me...i have a small collection & its mostly just local products... I don't wanna spend a fortune on products that will just dry out because of extreme temperatures (which always happens because its so hot here in the Philippines), so im not that picky when it comes to nail polishes...

But when it comes to Base Coat & Top Coat i try to scour the store for a good one... As of now, i just have 2 top coats...

Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat & Caronia Fast Dry Top Coat

Trying to make the best with what i have...i tried to compare the 2 of them to see if there is any difference aside from the price...lol

First off,im a right handed person, so i tend to do most stuff with my right hand...prior to this pics that i took i did another test before this just so to be fair. Second, I did my usual everyday activities like typing, cooking, doing the laundry, washing dishes & all household chores. I wanna know if one of them can actually withstand the 'wear & tear'...

Let's start it..shall we?

Here is a look at my nails after putting it on...I put Revlon on my right hand & Caronia on the left...


So here's how it looks..all new & shiny...

the finish is just the same...all smooth & glossy!

What i like about Revlon is that it really dries fast! It promises to dry after 30 seconds & i just have to say that im impressed.
It stands true to its promise.
Amazing!
Sugoi! Sugoi!
\(^o^)/

Meanwhile for Caronia, it says that it will dry after about 3 minutes...no sweat...i was watching a movie when i did my nails so i can wait...

One thousand one, One thousand two, One thousand three.....

One minute passed by.....

Two minutes passed by.....

Three minutes passed by...

*touched the nail*

Oh no! it's still not dry! >_<

This time i put my nails in front of the fan!!!
After a minute (or two) it dried...finally!

Another observation...

When i coated my nails using Revlon, the overwhelming scent of the nail polish was also 'coated'..it sorta minimized the scent..which is great because i hate overwhelming scents the most... Whereas for Caronia, the disturbing scent of the polish is still there! Even after its all dry & hard, there is still a difference on the scent...

Don't stop reading...
you might think that Caronia is all bad because of that...

I did my usual stuff....then after 5 days, this is how it looks like: Naturally, it would chip...mostly at the edge of the nails because i was not that careful about my nails..


Did you actually click it?
Did you ever noticed any difference between the two?

You may not have noticed it...but my right ring finger's (with Caronia Top Coat) polish was just half chipped! It might not be a big thing...But actually i noticed that on my other test too... The Caronia one is a bit better (just a notch higher) than the Revlon one. Again, im right handed, i do stuff using my right hand, so the result should be 'worse' compare to what i put on the left...but surprisingly, after 5 days, the result is almost identical...

When i did the other test prior to this, i put Revlon on my right & Caronia on the left...again, the Caronia fared better than Revlon...that's why i did a 2nd test to see if i just did something this time doing it the other way around.

Ok, time to make a summary of my observation:

For Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat:
-Dries extremely fast
-provides a glossy smooth finish
-Minimizes the scent of the polish
-Php 375 (almost $8)
-9.44 ml per bottle

For Caronia Fast Dry Top Coat:
-takes a while in drying
-provides a gloosy smooth finish
-doesn't do a fig about the scent of the nail polish
-provides a longer 'protection' on the nails
-Php 55 (less than $1.25)
-30ml

This post is just based on my observation. There might be a difference for others...

It's holiday today....
Happy Independence Day to all the filipinos!

Im gonna go shopping tomorrow for bf's bday present...
what can i get for him?
any top of the head suggestions?
^_^

7 comments:

Anastacia said...

Great review!
Also I like your nails! You always doing something interesting!
Please, keep do it :)

ChyiX2 said...

Your nails look great btw!

Erh... you can give him something edible...like chocolate body paint ^^ Hehe...

Uhm... but electronics and games usually go over well with guys, what kind of person is he and what does he like?

Tish said...

Try The Face Shop's Top Coat. It gives a much glossier finish and keeps my nailpolish/nail art in tact for as long as 2weeks. HTH!

donnarence said...

great review.. but i will still go for the cheaper one.. hihi.. :D

Crystal said...

thank you for doing this :)

Shantee said...

Great review!
On the revlon quick dry..it looks like it cheap more then Caronia Fast Dry Coat..
How much did you buy both of it?

♥ Nehs ♥ said...

i've been using caronia.. i really like it. nilalagay ko sya pag medyo sticky nlng ung nail polish.. hndi n msyadong basa..then ung caronia n.. ayun tuyo na agad sya in 30 secs.. hihi... great review btw sis.

Believe in B.liv's Dump Off Drawn! I do!

I was contacted by B.liv weeks ago to try out their products. I have been so lazy in applying any skin care products lately that I can alrea...