Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Neutrogena Wave review

A vibrating cleanser...
.............


I've always been curious about this one, but never really get around to buying it. The price is the main reason why it didn't appeal to me. I guess it's a small price to pay for if this would really last you forever, but since you have to use the pads each time you use it, i feel like it's such a complete waste of money.

I like it but not exactly love it.
It's nice to have, but also ok to not have.

This is the back carton...you can read the description if you want


Yep! The starter kit includes 2 weeks of pad supply. It has 14 pads included.


I think there's a new Wave that was released, which has 2 type of speeds. It's called the Wave Duo, but mine is the classic one.


This is the whole kit (doggy coin bank on not included :-P )


  • Wave Cleanser
  • AA Battery
  • 2 packs of cleansing pads

I purchased this from a blogsale.

This the size. I think it's nice because it's big enough to be able to maneuver it easily, yet with it's textured grip, you won't have to worry about it slipping from your hands.


That's the power button, by the way.

At the head of the wave is the attachment head on which is like a velcro where you put the cleansing pad, this is also detachable.


This is the cotton pad with the cleanser in the middle.



The cotton pad is different from the usual pads that you buy for home/hospital use. This pad is compressed & is actually denser than than the regular pad. It's dense because again, you will have to attach it to the velcro-like attachment.

It doesn't lather that much. If you actually try to wet it & massage it on your face, it will just seem like you apply a facial wash with a cotton minus the lather. If you want it to lather, you have to lather it yourself by pressing the cotton pad over & over until you get the desired lather that you want then attach it to the velcro.

Once you assembled & used it, you'll enjoy the nice cooling sensation brought by the liquid cleanser on the cotton pad. The vibrating sensation feels like it is really getting deep down inside your pores. It feels relaxing too. There's a difference between the feeling of getting deep down to the pores than really cleansing deep down,ok?

Since this is vibrating, it's nice especially when someone is holding this for you. I think that this doesn't actually deep-cleanse compare what it promises to do. I remember a time when i wore a heavy makeup & removed it by my make-up remover, washed my face with this & used a toner afterward & i still see traces of make-up left behind on my cotton pad.

It says that you can actually use this while you're in the shower. I guess you can, but just make sure that you don't get everything (the inside) wet because im sure that it will stop working. It's better if you remove the battery after every use.

The first time i used it, i said to myself that i really like it. I like the cooling sensation & it feels like my face is softer after every use. I have to say that your face will really feel soft after every use. I guess this is the 'instant result' that they were talking about.

But as time goes by, especially the time that i said i used a toner & see the traces of make-up, the excitement over this product just fade away. I just don't feel like using it anymore. It's just sitting on my toiletries box together with other products & i don't reach for it as much as i thought i would. I have to say that the novelty just wore off.

Though bf like this, i use this to him when we're just sitting around. He said that he liked the vibrating sensation because it is relaxing. That's why i said that it would be better if someone is holding this for you.

As for the pads.. It's better if you use clean pads every time since you don't want the dirt from the old pad going to your skin again since you're reusing it. It would help if you would use a clarifying toner beforehand so that you get the lot of the dirt out of your face. So that there's not much dirt on the pads & can still reuse the other side to save up on your pad usage.

Pros:
  • relaxing to use because of the vibrating motion
  • makes the skin feels soft after every use (this is true!)
  • doesn't use as much energy on the battery (if you remove it after every use)
  • cooling sensation
Cons:
  • will add up to your expenses since you have to buy the pads
  • doesn't really deep-cleanse unlike it claims to be
  • doesn't lather that much

Will i buy again?
No need...
I might buy the refill but i won't have to use it everyday since it just like regular cleanser out there. I can't see anything special with it. In fact, i might only just buy this because bf likes the vibrating sensation..that's it.

This is available at Watsons. If you are interested in buying it, the kit costs Php 575 & the refill is Php 400 each. Pretty expensive, don't you think?
>_<

Hope you find this useful.

Jaa ne~!
^_~

14 comments:

Camille Santos said...

thanks for this review thia i think i can slash this one out on my to buy list hehe

Soapaholic said...

Glad to read your thoughts on this sis! I really love using this to massage my face! It's like an at-home facial. SS loved it when I used it on him too, haha! Boys. :P

+ S T A R + said...

You just posted the best Neutrogena Wave review Jem =)

I tried my sister's and I think I can rub my face better than this.

Very very nice review.

AskMeWhats said...

i don't use this much but it works quite good :)

ectini said...

I bought one of these when it was on sale. I agree, it is okay and gives nice results at first, but it isn't so amazing that I want to keep using it and buying the pads! I got the pink one too, it is cute though (:

xoladiihoneyxo said...

omg. Thank you for the review! I thought about getting this but now i don't want it. Seems like it's not worth it. lol. I think I'll get the dermanin or something like that from beautychoice.com.

Anastacia said...

I didn't saw this Neutrogena stuff yet in here but I'll be keep my eye on it! It seems like pretty exiting thing!

Golden said...

I was also interested with that product before. There was even one lady at GT claiming exaggeratedly that this has the same effect as diamond peel. A lot are complaining though that the little machine is not sturdy and gets busted after a few use.

By the way sis, thanks for the korean series suggestions. Will check them out once I have the time. Mwah!

Lots of love,

Crystal Gale said...

that's pretty expensive if you add up the refills overtime...thanks for the review ^_^

twinsouls888 said...

yay thanks for the review, I've been seeing this in some blogs and thinking of buying it before. ^_^. I won't be buying this now hehe, dang expensive buying all those pads ;)

noone said...

doesnt deep clean as much as it says! ha! I thought this was just one of those marketing scams! I still use a good ol' towel to wash my face hehe

Maui (Suushh) said...

Dont know why but when I first daw this, i thought blah hehe maybe its because im such a lazy person that i find it apalling to have to use this to wash my face instead of the regular old way haha

*Anita* said...

i've been wondering how well this works. the fact you have to keep buying replacement pads is what stopped me from buying it. thanks for the detailed review! :D xx

Anonymous said...

Ngek, diko na pala kailangan pangarapin to wahaha, your an angel talaga, thanks for the review*mwah*

Believe in B.liv's Dump Off Drawn! I do!

I was contacted by B.liv weeks ago to try out their products. I have been so lazy in applying any skin care products lately that I can alrea...