I won't try to explain what is a Fimo Clay anymore since i really feel that i will murder Sis Nikki's fab explanation of it. You can click HERE to read her amazing post. She is the reason why i bought fimo for my nails. Idol ko kasi si Sis Nikki! (She's my idol!) ..hehe
I bought it over at Ebay, click HERE to see it.
This is what i came up with:
Everything looks so crowded (-__-")
My thumbs looks better because it has a bigger space.
I think i overkill-ed it when i put the glitter polish...
Add the fact that i tried to put all 5 fruits on it...no wonder it does!hehe
But it's ok.
Since this is really pretty eye-catching. I was just wearing a black top, my butterfly earrings & my red lips & i don't need any other accessories anymore because my nails, lips & earrings did it for me last Valentines! & yes, i spent it with bf, & he allowed me to wear bold red lips.
A couple of girls commented on how nice my nails are & asked what salon i had them done. I told them that i did it & they were surprised.
Now let's get on with the tut:
- Start with a base color. I choose a yellow one. you can also go for a light blue or even white.
- Again, you don't need to use a glitter polish but i did. I used Elena glitter polish then apply it at the top half of your nails.
- Since i am done with my thumb, i will not be needing a 'full-sized' clays for my nails. This is when all those 'imperfect-cut' fimo's come in handy.
- I painted my nails with a clear polish/top coat first so that the clays would adhere to it then i start sticking them to my nails like so
- One by one...
- By one....
- Until everything is set according to my preference. When you work with Fimo clays make sure that you really press them to your nails so that it won't stick out. Often times you have to wait for the polish to become tacky to do so.
- Then top it with a top coat. This is must since it has a tendency to curl up.I suggest you continue to press the clays on the polish just to be sure that everything is set.
If you don't like the feel of hard edges of the clays, then make the top coat thicker. make sure that it's dry before you start doing any chores at all or else your nails will just be ruined.
I have to say that this is a very fun look, but since i'm not really into 3d nails I don't know if i'll be donning this again. But i guess i will once in a while.
"Furuba" is actually an anime/manga title which is 'Fruits Basket' (フルーツバスケット) ,. I'm an anime-lover & i remembered this one when i was thinking of what to name this nail post. Since this one has a lot of fruits on it so i decided to go for "Fruits Basket" with an abbreviated name for "Furuba" (フルバ) .
Hope you had a great start for your week!
Bf gave me a bracelet & a set of lingerie as a Valentines gift...waahhh!
Of course i won't show you the lingerie, but i have to say that it matches my bracelet..hehe
Another update, I hit pan on several items on my project pan.
Yay for me!
I haven't finished everything, but the important is I've hit pan on it..another w00t w00t moment for me! That is why i'm trying my best to be able to get myself a Viva Glam Gaga & Cyndi. When bf & i went to MOA last sunday, i passed by Marionnaud & asked them when will they most likely have it. The SA said that maybe April or May...OMG! i can't wait that long!
That's why i'm doing the best i can to be able to get the Viva Glams. I'm not a fan of Lustres, but i don't mind that this Viva Glam is in Lustre finish. I have to have it! hehe
Anyone living in the US sweet enough to help me?
I've been a real good girl