Thursday, February 11, 2010

Valentines nails: i heart you

I have already decided what i would be sporting for my nails this V-day..although im not big on V-day, but it doesn't hurt for my nails to glam up on that day.


But i have to say that this is 1 of the hardest nail design that i did for the time being since it requires a steady hand & i don't really have a steady hand.

I was just playing with my nail art pens & i came up with these. I even showed it to bf & he said that it looked messy but cute in a way. I guess i just overdid it when i loaded it with hearts, but i think the less hearts there are, the better this is.


It's your choice for this...colors & shapes, that is... If you want to know the shade that i used, i used The Face Shop's nail polish in:



So, let's start with the tut:

  • Apply base coat & base color. I forgot to take a pic of my nails while it is just plain, i hope this would do... Again, i just made my ring finger different, but it's your choice.



  • Then paint half of the nails like so....



  • Make sure that the end of your pen doesn't have any dirt or any blockage.



  • Then start making small hearts....



  • The hardest part is to keep a steady hand..



  • It doesn't need to be perfect..just make sure that the shape is distinguishable




  • You can make random heart shapes to your hearts content..



Then apply a plain polish on top, i suggest that you don't use glittered ones since this is already eye catching on it's own. Putting glittered polish will just cover those hearts.

Hope you like this!

Jaa ne~!
^_^

11 comments:

Bea said...

yay! it's cute. :D Advance happy v-day sis thia!

ghreizy said...

wow! lovely! super artistic kakainggit ^_^

Dana Yoshimizu said...

Oh my gosh, how freakin cute! When I first saw this, I thought goodness I need to get myself some stamps so I can do cute designs, but then I kept reading and realized you did all the hearts yourself! XD eEEee what a great nail designer you are~! ^__^

ectini said...

This is so cute! I thought the hearts were Konad! It's so awesome you did them yourself, they look so great! :D

My-My said...

this is so cute! I agree with Dana, i thought they were something from Konad. Now i wanna invest in nail pens now! great look!

trizh űű said...

SO CUTE ! ;);)

Anastacia said...

Yay! That is so cute! I start loving small hearts on nails. Just so cute!!

AskMeWhats said...

this is indeed quite difficult to do and you nails it sis! :)

rosey said...

that pink shade from TFS is love! i'm gonna get one for myself too, thanks for the post =)

♥ Nehs ♥ said...

i love this! definitely perfect for the v-day! :)

oOchaOo said...

soo cute!!! heehee
i would love to get the pink polish from TFS.
advance happy valentine's day pretty :)

Believe in B.liv's Dump Off Drawn! I do!

I was contacted by B.liv weeks ago to try out their products. I have been so lazy in applying any skin care products lately that I can alrea...