support my blog by clicking on my sponsor ads

Monday, April 06, 2009

Spring Contest Entry

Janet of All Things Pretty is having her contest. It's all about Spring fever.....
A time where colors come alive after the long white winter....

This is my first ever makeup entry in a contest...
I dig smokey looks, but have never actually tried rainbow colored eye makeup yet. Now that i think of it...why have i not tried it?...

Anyways, when i did this, i had fun playing with colors & i think i'll be doing more in the near future...

This is the spring look that i did:

I just use my Coastal Scents 88 palette (the original one) in making this...i love that cut my "eyeshadow expense" (if there's in almost 60%.

Here's how i did it:

I numbered the colors that i used on my eyes. On which it goes as:

1 - highlight color
2 - a sheen aquamarine blue that i put on the inner corner of my eye
3 - a bright grassy green that i put beside number 2
4 - a sheen lavender that i put beside number 3
5 - a sheen dark mauve that i put beside number 4 & is on the outer corner of my eye...this is also the color that i put on the upper lid area hence the pinkish look.

For the lower eye area, i just apply the colors that i used... aligning it with the ones on the upper eye area.

I blended the green & blue...same with the lavender & mauve...but i did not exactly blend the green & lavender. Well, I did..just a little...just so that there won't be any harsh line separating them...but since i still want the 2 colors to 'shine' on their i did not do much blending on the 2 different colors..

I lined my eyes using white, -> NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk, i just used a thin angled brush to apply it as a sticky base, then set it with a whitish eyeshadow color....(shoot!i forgot to number it...the white color on the top, just right below the lash curler is what i used to set the line). I also put a tiny dot of white near the tearduct area.

I lined my lower waterline with the same pencil, then line my upper waterline with Lancome Le Crayon Kohl in Noir to define eye shape. For Mascara, I used Avon Daring Definition in black.

The stuff that i used on my face would be:
*Concealing - NYX Concealer in a jar - beige
*Face Base - Everyday Minerals Foundation in Golden Medium
*Contouring - Smashbox Foundation in Smashing Cocoa (yes...i use darker foundation)
*Blush - Everyday Minerals in All Smiles
*Lips - Ellana Lip Color in Infatuation

I figured that since Spring is the time where colors come alive...i used happy colors!

Don't forget to enter the contest too!


Askmewhats said...

wow..goodluck with the contest..colored eyeshadow looks good on you! :) Do more do more :D

Jenn said...

Nice colors! Very spring-like. =)

~tHiAmErE~ said...

@ askmewhats
thank you. i like contests but this is the first time that i posted a makeup look

thank you too!
hope you join the contest!

Cris said...

That's what I love about contests :D...I end up with looks I never would've tried otherwise, and I love them ^_^!
Great job, <3 the colours you used, they're so beautiful :). I'm not even confident enough to use that many colours, my make-up skills are not that good XD.

~tHiAmErE~ said...

yeah..that's totally true...
its my first time to try rainbow colors..

thanks a lot!

musicalfanlovesminerals said...

do more colorful e/s! purple and green is my fave colorful combo too!

~tHiAmErE~ said...

ill try to come up with colorful looks.. but since my camera is not cooperating...but as soon as its ok,ill do some.


Related Posts with Thumbnails