Monday, April 06, 2009

Spring Contest Entry

Janet of All Things Pretty is having her contest. It's all about Spring fever.....
A time where colors come alive after the long white winter....

This is my first ever makeup entry in a contest...
I dig smokey looks, but have never actually tried rainbow colored eye makeup yet. Now that i think of it...why have i not tried it?...

Anyways, when i did this, i had fun playing with colors & i think i'll be doing more in the near future...

This is the spring look that i did:

I just use my Coastal Scents 88 palette (the original one) in making this...i love that palette...it cut my "eyeshadow expense" (if there's one..lol) in almost 60%.

Here's how i did it:

I numbered the colors that i used on my eyes. On which it goes as:

1 - highlight color
2 - a sheen aquamarine blue that i put on the inner corner of my eye
3 - a bright grassy green that i put beside number 2
4 - a sheen lavender that i put beside number 3
5 - a sheen dark mauve that i put beside number 4 & is on the outer corner of my eye...this is also the color that i put on the upper lid area hence the pinkish look.

For the lower eye area, i just apply the colors that i used... aligning it with the ones on the upper eye area.

I blended the green & blue...same with the lavender & mauve...but i did not exactly blend the green & lavender. Well, I did..just a little...just so that there won't be any harsh line separating them...but since i still want the 2 colors to 'shine' on their own..so i did not do much blending on the 2 different colors..

I lined my eyes using white, -> NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk, i just used a thin angled brush to apply it as a sticky base, then set it with a whitish eyeshadow color....(shoot!i forgot to number it...the white color on the top, just right below the lash curler is what i used to set the line). I also put a tiny dot of white near the tearduct area.

I lined my lower waterline with the same pencil, then line my upper waterline with Lancome Le Crayon Kohl in Noir to define eye shape. For Mascara, I used Avon Daring Definition in black.

The stuff that i used on my face would be:
*Concealing - NYX Concealer in a jar - beige
*Face Base - Everyday Minerals Foundation in Golden Medium
*Contouring - Smashbox Foundation in Smashing Cocoa (yes...i use darker foundation)
*Blush - Everyday Minerals in All Smiles
*Lips - Ellana Lip Color in Infatuation

I figured that since Spring is the time where colors come alive...i used happy colors!

Don't forget to enter the contest too!
^_^

7 comments:

AskMeWhats said...

wow..goodluck with the contest..colored eyeshadow looks good on you! :) Do more do more :D

Jenn said...

Nice colors! Very spring-like. =)

Jem said...

@ askmewhats
thank you. i like contests but this is the first time that i posted a makeup look
^_^

@jenn
thank you too!
hope you join the contest!
^_^

Cris said...

That's what I love about contests :D...I end up with looks I never would've tried otherwise, and I love them ^_^!
Great job, <3 the colours you used, they're so beautiful :). I'm not even confident enough to use that many colours, my make-up skills are not that good XD.

Jem said...

@cris
yeah..that's totally true...
its my first time to try rainbow colors..

thanks a lot!
^_^

Crystal said...

do more colorful e/s! purple and green is my fave colorful combo too!

Jem said...

@musicalfanlovesminerals
ill try to come up with colorful looks.. but since my camera is not cooperating...but as soon as its ok,ill do some.
^_^

Believe in B.liv's Dump Off Drawn! I do!

I was contacted by B.liv weeks ago to try out their products. I have been so lazy in applying any skin care products lately that I can alrea...