Monday, April 20, 2009

Miss Yaya's All Dolled Up Contest

Lately, i've been so into contest...not because of the prize...(anyway, i know that i don't have any luck whatsoever in contests..lol)...but because its a fun way to practice my skills in makeup application.

Now, im gonna join Miss Yaya's All Dolled Up Contest..

I browsed google & i found this lovely doll & decided that this will be my entry:

I don't even know if im able to pull it off, but this is what i did:

I didn't realize that my kimono robe is on the laundry....awww...too bad... :(

I dont like this one...but just so that you will see the wings that i made i have to put this...(you can even see that im sweating because its so dang hot here in my room...but of course i still have to strike a pose..lol!
After realizing that i forgot the flower, i have to take a pic again this time with a flower...but i put it on the wrong side :(

The products that i used are:

1. CS 88 palette violet sheen eyeshadow (as marked on the pic)
2. Everyday Minerals Eyeshadow in Matinee
3. Kinepin False Eyelashes
4. Everyday Minerals Flat Top Brush
5. Ellana Minerals Blush - Bliss
6. Ecotools Blush Brush
7. Everyday Minerals Foundation - Buttered Tan
8. Urban Decay Primer Potion
9. NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil - Milk
10. NYX Concealer in a Jar - Beige
11. Pencil Brush
12. Elf Liquid Eyeliner
13. NYX Lip Color - Thalia
14. Hans Artist brush - gold sable 3
15. Aido Eye Putti (Lash Glue)
16. CS 88 Palette chocolate brown matte eyeshadow

Hair products used:


1. Vitress Hair Polish
2. some bobby pins
3. hair elastics
-i forgot to include the headband...but you can see it on my pic...& also the flower...

How to do:
1. Start with a clean face...apply moisturizer & primer.
-Eyes-
2. Apply UDPP...then Dab NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk all over the lids so that it will have a sticky base so that the eyeshadow will adhere better.
3. Then apply the violet sheen shadow on the CS Palette on the bottom half of the eye upper lid area.
4. Then apply Everyday Minerals After Party on the brow bone area going down, blending it with the violet shadow.
5.Line the upper lash line using the ELF liquid liner, starting with a thin application going thicker on the outer corner of the eye.
6. Wing it out....a thick wing is better so to have the cat-eye effect. Apply other wings around it.
7.Line the lower lash line with CS Palette chocolate brown matte (i used brown to make it look soft).
8. Apply the false lashes to finish it up!

-Face-
9. Apply concealer on areas needed.
10. Using Everyday Minerals Flat Top Brush, apply the Buttered Tan all over the face.
11. Apply blush on the apples of the cheek using Ecotools Blush Brush...I used Ellana Blush in Bliss.

12. Glide on Nyx Lipstick in Thalia

Then fix the hair & you're ready to snap away...
^_~

17 comments:

Chrissy said...

Such a pretty pretty look! You got it really well, the eyelashes amaze me! I don't want to try eyelashes again anytime soon, my eyes are still puffy from the last time I did.

Over all I think you got your inspiration pic really good. :D

Anonymous said...

omg you have UDPP (I am so inggit with the UDPP) i will never stop mentioning it until I have my own bottle XD ahahaha. I did my own take on the contest too so give me a bump! ^_^ yay for us!!

Sarah said...

WOW! This is gorgeous!!! You are stunning! The purple really suits your beautiful skin : )

Jem said...

@ chrissy
awww...thanks!
i was having doubts about this...XD
too bad about the falsies...
but its better to be safe than sorry.

@ gia
i got the UDPP at an ebayer..
last time i check she doesn't have it anymore..I plan to buy it somewhere if i ran out...
sure,will check on it...
contest sure is fun,huh?
^_^

@ sarah
awww....you're too kind,sweetie!
thank you !
*hugs*

donnarence said...

wow thiamere!! good job.. how did you do the hair.. really nice.. :D goodluck,,:D

Jem said...

@ donnarence
ill see if i can do a tutorial on the hair..
thanks,sweetie!
^_^

Cris said...

I love the doll :D! I wish I was younger so I could ask for it as a present :-P.
And I like your look, it's very beautiful :). If I stop being afraid of liner (lol), I'm gonna try it one day ;).

And I know what you mean about contests - they give us reasons to try really fun, unusual looks ^_^.

Cris said...

AND GOOD LUCK :-P :D!!!

Jem said...

thanks,hun..
although i already know the outcome..lol
im really never lucky in contest..
but they're fun!

im pretty sure you'll be able to pull the liner off.
i think i was just lucky..XD
^_^

Miss Yaya said...

thanks for entering :) i will be putting up the entries tomorrow.

Crystal said...

you're right about joining contests. it's just that i'm still not confident enough in joining so i'll practice a bit more. :P btw, i'm tagging you!

Jem said...

@ ms yaya
yay!
will be looking forward for all the post
^_^

@crystal
im sure you will have fun with it too..
ill check it out..this is the 1st time i was tagged!
^_~

AskMeWhats said...

wow..this looks soooo cute! :) I love this! great job

Catmare said...

hey nice hair! I wish I could do that, too. =)

Jem said...

@ nikki
thanks a lot!
it means a lot to me knowing that my idol says that i did a good job
^_^

@catmare
thanks too..
ill try to do a tutorial on the hairstyle
^_~

EyezAddiction said...

very pretty! you did a good job! I hope you'll win! Good Luck! :)

Jbreezybaby said...

SiSSS.. i just saw this, ur lashes are pretty! tulong naman how to put on false lashes and what's the best glue product out there? :)

Believe in B.liv's Dump Off Drawn! I do!

I was contacted by B.liv weeks ago to try out their products. I have been so lazy in applying any skin care products lately that I can alrea...