Sunday, April 11, 2010

~Weekend haul:Ecotools foundation brush FAIL~

I mentioned that i was looking for a primer and i went to the mall to get myself one. I was debating whether to get the L'oreal make-up base or the VMV Monolacirin Gel...In the end, i chose the VMV one since i have been hearing good feedbacks about the brand so i might as well give it a shot (it says to be hypoallergenic ..hmm...) compare to the L'oreal one on which i have never even knew existed.


I will be making a review for this one as soon as i have it all tested out. I love that hair clip! I can easily make a french twist using that compare to the hair grips that i usually use. Opal treatment becaue i remember reading Mareng Jing's post about it so i might as well give it a try & a few necessities.

When i got home, i was surprised when 2 packages greeted me. I actually got confused & tried to hard to think if ever i bought anything online before i opened it...hehe..silly me..i knew that i should have opened it first, but i like the excitement. As soon as i opened the 1st one, it immediately made me happy!

It was from Miss Sophie of The Beautynomist. I won her giveaway a couple of weeks ago. I'm really happy that i won since i am really looking for a good hair care... I'll be doing a short post some time about the shampoos that i have tried & my experience about it.


I'm really looking forward to try this product...
Thanks, Miss Sophie!
^_^

As for the next package..I got an invitation for the Neutrogena Healthy Summer Event...

I really want to go but it's going to be held friday...so i'm not sure... I still have to ask for some details that might help me decide if i will go. Anyone of you who will be going?

But this invitation is the cutest & most creative that i have received so far...don't you think so?

Yesterday i attended my bf's cousin's wedding. It was a great one with the bride looking real pretty & happy. I had a great chat with "anonymouse" too (my pretty friend who keeps on leaving messages on my cbox ^_~) talking about girly things & all... In short, i had a great Saturday! But today, i'll just have to stay at home to keep on eye on my siblings.

Hope your weekend is great!
Jaa ne~!
^_^

ps:
Look at the sorry state of my Ecotools foundation brush..
-__-"


I use this to apply Benefit Dr Feelgood & this happened. Argh! I almost never used this ever since i made a blog post about it (which is like a year ago - i made a blog post april 24 last year). I only used this 7x at the most since i said that it never went back to its state as soon as i washed it. I use my stippling brush in applying liquid foundation & was thinking of actually trying this one but how can i?!

Ecotools foundation brush = epic failure in my book!
I'm more of pissed about this rather than sad...
(-____-")

I'm guessing that i only got a bad brush out of the bunch of brushes that Ecotools has..but it sure beats the heck out of me... Even though i only spent a couple of dollars on it but i feel like i've been cheated. I've been meaning to buy The Face Shop's foundation brush but i'm far from the mall where TFS is...

*sigh*

I have to stock up on my TFS favorites once i get the chance! TFS foundation brush has raccoon bristles & i would love to try it!

I'm not sure about The Body Shop's foundation brush since it is synthetic. I feel like if i use synthetic bristles it absorbs the product more than it distributes it..speaking on my experience with the Ecotools one.

Any recommendation on a good foundation brush?

13 comments:

xoladiihoneyxo said...

When I apply blush/bronzer, I use the ecotools so from your experiment... I don't know what to tell you =T Maybe try essence brush or something, they have pretty good brushes for cheap (not sure about over there). Maybe Coastal Scents or Sigma? I don't recommend high end brushes for I think it's not worth it...... or maybe try going to an art/craft store and buy their brushes? hmmm, I wonder what's the difference between art brushes and makeup brushes... I used the art brushes for nails, which works perfectly great...

Crystal said...

i'm sorry about what happened to your ecotools brush :( and congrats for winning the giveaway!

Eve said...

WOW what happened to that!?

AskMeWhats said...

OUCH on your Ecotools Foundation brush! I don't own that full size one and its A HUGE OUCH why did such thing happen to you? Oh no..

Anyways..can't wait to read about your VMV primer!

Jbreezybaby said...

awww..im sorry about the ecotool brush. i recently purchased some of their brushes and i love them! but its unfortunate that had happen :( Never had problem with my brush so far.

Elsa said...

sorry about your Ecotools brush...

About the VMV Monolacirin Gel... hmmmm I did try that because, I think we have the same problem of having oily skin and acne is popping just like everywhere, and I hope my experience won't be the same as yours... I guess we're not compatible (the gel) *wink*...

notjustminerals said...

I got an invite for Neutrogena's event for Friday too but I won't be able to go coz it's out of town (I have mommy duties). Maybe next time. Gosh, what happened to your brush is terrible!

Pammy said...

What happened to your EcoTools foundie brush is just so sad. :(

Miss Shopcoholic said...

waah.. di pala maganda yung foundie brush nila but their 5pc brush set is really good!

DluxEdition.com said...

Wow what happened to that brush? :D

Visit my blog too if you want :)

Golden said...

Aww, congratulations dearie for getting invited by Neutrogena. I think getting invited to events is a complement to us bloggers, eh? It just means that your blog is being noticed. Cheers!

Lots of love,

karen_grasya said...

This maybe late...foundation brush..hmm? try e.l.f. or marionaud

karen_grasya said...

foundation brush...? try e.l.f. or marionaud..man, this is late.

Believe in B.liv's Dump Off Drawn! I do!

I was contacted by B.liv weeks ago to try out their products. I have been so lazy in applying any skin care products lately that I can alrea...