The good thing about this is that it won't give you that 'i-have-a-complicated-make-up' look, but it would just give you that simple-yet-sophisticated look If you are used to doing this, it can just take 15 mins at most to get ready. Practice is the key...
Now, i'm pretty sure y'all know how to put foundation, blush & lip color so i'll skip that & just focus on the eye. Since the main point of this look is the eye area, so subtle blush & lip color is recommended.
Depending on what look im going for, i apply the foundation either before i do the eye make-up or right after. In this case, i did my face make-up after.
- As always, start with a primer..it will help keep the eyeshadow from creasing, keep the oil at bay & will make the shadow vibrant. I did not bother to put an eyeshadow, but then feel free to add in.
- I'm always having trouble making sure that the wings of my liner is equal. So I always use a pencil liner first as a guide instead of using the liquid liner straight away. It will also help fill in the space between the lashes.
- There ya go... Liner all set!
- I prefer using eyeliner since it is really intense so i start it first by filling the line that i made from using the pencil liner..carefully winging it out..
- Then i thicken the middle part of the liner so to make my eyes look bigger. You don't need to hurry filling it in, take your time.
- See the difference? Lining the eyes can make such a great difference in your eye shape!
- To really define your eyes, make sure that you fill in the space in between the lash area. You can do it using light feathery upward strokes.
- Next... Put a dark-colored shadow on the outer lower corner of the eye area. It will give the illusion of a bigger eye ear. You can opt for a brown-colored shadow or grayish ones...depending on what you have. The darker the better...
- In this case, since i have the Etude House Tear Drop liner, i just used it. You can go for a shimmery white shadow as a substitute.Ohh..i forgot, but i like how i did my nails last weekend, it's so cool. Just a polka-dotted look..see how my ring finger stands out? ^_~
- Then fill in the inner lower corner of the eye area, extend it until the tearduct area. It will make your eyes look more open.
- Don't forget to curl the lashes! Shu Uemura lash curler is 1 of the greatest!
- At this point, if you have any faux lashes for the lower lashes, then you can just use it. In my case, i just applied mascara to define my lower lashes. I used Maybelline Cat Eyes Mascara.
- Final touch would be the false lashes & of course...don't forget to groom your brows.
This can actually take just a few minutes if you are already used to doing this. You can still cut the time you spent by using a eyeliner pen since it's easier to use than a liquid or even a gel liner.
Then just do your usual foundation/face routine... Then get ready to go out & greet the world with your best face forward!
I rather like this than the usual western look since i notice that the usual western make-up look uses a lot of make-up therefore altering how you naturally look. This look emphasizes on your natural beauty. All you need to do is to enhance it by concealing blemishes & other areas that needed concealing & emphasizing your eyes.
This is 1 of the reason why i don't get to play with my cosmetics anymore. When i used to pile on a lot of make-up, i developed acne & now that im using less make-up it is almost non-existent! except for the blemishes that i have left from it...
Less is really more!
There ya go!
Hope y'all have a great week ahead.