I love dots. If you have been reading my nail art posts you'll get to see that almost all of my tuts have dots on them. So same with what i did today.
Time to let the pictures do the talking...
As usual, you can choose your own set of colors. But these are what i used:
- Start with clean nails that has been coated with a base. Apply your base color, i choose a nude color so you'll see the contrast. Let dry
- Dip the hairpin on the chosen base color for the dot.
- Press it randomly on the nail. You have to make sure that you press it hard so that the dots will be big.
- After it's dry then its time to make the smaller dot. Dip the hairpin again the other color, i have white with me.
- Then lightly touch the blue dots with the white tip. don't press it hard. You just want a little dot inside the blue to give it a flair.
You need to have a steady hand when you put the white color because you want it to be at the center, but you can also have fun & just overlap the 2 of them!
You can also just use 2 colors. The base color can also be the one that will be used to top the 1st dot.
You can also go crazy retro by using pinks & yellows!
I will do some more variations of this design but for now this basic 2 tone polka dots can get us started!
You might be wondering if i have steady hands...well, not exactly. Im right-handed, so i can do my left nails better than the other. See this pic?
I can't get the white dots be smaller because i tend to press it hard since my hands are a bit shaky...Thy don't look a like at all!
But then, i still think that both are pretty!
There ya go...a simple & quick nail tut.
Hope you are enjoying your weekend, ladies!