- It absorbs oil from the skin - when it dries up you get to see the oils that are being absorbed from your pores. You can actually see that it does work! I'll show it to you later on. ^_~
- Dirt & toxins are drawn out from the skin as it dries up - Clay has been used as purifying agent way back ancient times. It's used to cleanse the body & also for spiritual healing.
- Minerals from the clay is absorbed by the skin as it dries up - think of it as an exchange. You get the health benefits from the clay & the clay get the oils & dirt from your skin. Sounds good,right?
- It neutralizes the skin - Have you had a facial cream that works great but after a while it seems like it went boycott on you & doesn't work anymore?Chances are your skin has accumulate some product/dirt build-up therefore blocking the cream. While exfoliating can also work, it's a lot easier to slap on clay to absorb anything that is blocking your pores. Plus it feels refreshing. Just think of it as like a scotch tape/lint remover that you can use to remove lint on your dress. After the mask you'll feel like a painter that has a clean & white canvas to start with.
Don't go buying clay just yet. It would be nice to know first what type of clay suits you. There are a couple of clay mask that you can use base on your skin type. Let's identify them one by one:
- Rose clay/Pink clay - can be used by all skin type as it exfoliates & cleanse your skin while improving the circulation. It is tinted with iron oxide that can give a subtle glow on the face. We know how a pink/purple face primer works,right?
- Chinese clay/White Kaolin clay - is best for dry & sensitive type. It's gentle enough to clean the skin without drawing too much oil from it & you can benefit from the hydrating properties of it. It is basically a kaolinite & is mostly used in traditional Chinese medicine.
- French clay/Green clay - is suited for oily/acne-prone skin. It draws out oil & toxins from the skin. It's consist of montmorillonite that is used for it's highly absorptive purpose in absorbing cholesterol, uric acid, heavy metal, hazardous chemicals & the like.
- Yellow Kaolin clay - can be used by those who got dry & sensitive skin too. It's almost the same with the white clay.
Supposed to be this is my post about the Julep masque, but i feel like it's better to make an 'introduction' about clay masks before i do my review on it so that you would have an idea what kind of mask it is. Which means to say that my next facial mask post will be about the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque.
Hope you learn something from this post. Again, im no expert. Im more of a researcher...lol!
Have a great day!
Again, a heartfelt thanks to everybody who prayed for my brother. He is doing well now as can be expected & is giving us headaches because of his stubbornness, but we still love him. Seems like a week ago he was in the ICU not being able to move freely because of tubes that are connected to him. Now he is jumping up & about & laughing already. Thank God!
Here is a pic of him with our dog, Charlie.
Jericho & Charlie
My brother always tend to bother our dog whenever he is sleeping so this is a pic of a sleepy Charlie with my exuberant brother.
Thank you so much for being a part of my lil brother's life!