Sunday, August 09, 2009

how to use a detox foot pad + weekend nails

How's everybody?
Hope y'all are enjoying your day/night...
Im feeling a bit better now though i still have a cough & cold...which will stay for probably a month...its always like that with me. I have a very low 'intolerance' to a simple cough & cold...

Im getting worried again because my packages are so late...
What the heck could have happened?! I hope they are not accumulating my parcels before they sent me a notification card so that they can ask a ridiculous amount of money again... (-_-")
*sigh*
customs people sucks...

Anyways, I bought a foot 'pad' before...I have been wanting to use that ever since i've heard of it but i always keep on seeing foot detox pads that smells awful like the ginseng ones & other herbal scents..

I'd rather go for something that smells good, that's why when i saw the Aloma at the Japan Home Center, i decided to buy it.

For those who have not heard of it, foot detox patches are used to draw out the impurities & toxins from our body based on ancient Asian principles. I was so curious about this one..im like "how the heck does that happen?"...well, that's why i bought one to actually just see what it really is....

Well, this is the content of that pink pack...
  • a pair of stretchable patch
  • a pair of detox bag
When i opened the pack, the smell of rose permeated the air...it smells good at first but later on, because of the strong scent, i fear im suffocating from it already. It's already. My room is not that big & not too small either...but its air conditioned, so the scent is just trapped inside & i feel that with every second, the scent is getting stronger & stronger...

For people who are turned off with strong scents, i don't think you'll like this.. (like me!) but since i want to actually try it, then i just tried to ignore it. At least it smells like rose...what would happen if i buy the ginseng ones?!

Im not sure what is inside that detox bag though..
this is how it looks like


This is the foot patch...there's an instruction at the back...



So this is how it will look like after i put the detox patch on it..

The patch is really very stick but breathable...which is good...
So i put the bag in the middle & its now ready to be used..
well..that is, after i take out the top film

Ok so i stick it on...
& went to sleep

Hah!
i bet you were waiting for a pic of my feet with it on,huh?
no way!
hehehe

The moment i woke up, first thing i notice is that the scent is still there (im still lying on the bed)... So i muster some strength to sit up & take it off...

Well, it turned a bit brown-ish, but not like how its supposed to be.. Just little spots of brown on it...i forgot to take a pic of it, but its not very alarming, which made me think if it really worked or not...OR maybe i don't have that much toxins..haha!i wish!

if you are thinking of it being accidentally removed when you are asleep, don't be...the adhesive is really strong that i had a hard time removing it, i have to use my 2 hands..

Detox foot pads are said to be like this:

if you wanna know more about detox pads, click HERE

Since i just used it once, i don't see any significant change. Some people said that with continued use, it really helps relieve stress & improves body conditions...
Well, one thing that i have to say though is that my feet smells like roses afterwards...hehe

Im not sure if i'd buy this again...i guess so..but i don't see this as a must for me..
Have you've ever used a detoc foot pad before?

Tell us your experience!

excess:
Weekend nails

It's a bit messy...i haven't cleaned the edges yet...

A simple look...actually this is my favorite nail look...as what i said im a minimalist when it comes to nail arts...i like something that is not overwhelming.

The rhinestones just added a little flair to it!

Well, that's it,girls!
Hope you will have a nice weekend!

Jaa~!

18 comments:

ghreizy said...

want to try want to try!!

Tali said...

Ive used the detox pads.. apparently they are a gimmick. They draw out dirt, and the moisture turns them darker.. its not your impurities like you would think! lol...

Denysia said...

cute nails! i've never tried the detox pads before! :)

Camille Santos said...

huwaa.someone was trying to sell us stuff like this..but hers was in a machine form,same principle as the detox pad,it was said to draw out impurities from your feet,and my husband was like "what the hell" ..he then explained to the lady that its impossible for us to draw out impurties from our feet,but still the lady claimed that it can and her daughter was a nurser too..but Mr r inserted medical stuff so she turned back..big SCAM!na imbestigador na yun alam ko eh

Toothfairy said...

your black nails look cute girl!


Have a great weekend!
*loves*

xoladiihoneyxo said...

lol. wow. I've seen it on the asian commercials from the asian channels before. The machine form and the one that sticks to your feet. I don't think you should buy it again; it doesn't seem like it worked.

About your package, I guess the PO is just taking awhile when they shouldn't? I got your package though!!! Just not here to open it or anything so that will have to wait till next week!! I hope the other packages didn't get lost or else.... I know you'll be really angry about it. Maybe you should add confirmation on packages next time??? That's what I do now since after the incident of them losing one of my packages that I sent out for someone's birthday >:[

cute nails by the way. I hope you have a nice weekend and I'm glad you're feeling better now =D Why do I keep writing such long comments? -____-

Pammy said...

Those are pretty nails, I like the artwork. I hope I can muster up all the courage I can get to wear black nail polish.

Jbreezybaby said...

wow... u know, i've always been interested in trying that detox thingie. but it kinda sounds like BS lol. lovely nails hun! :)

Anastacia said...

Awww! I always like your nails! They are always looks too cute!
Very simple design but still looks amazing!
Gonna take a time for trying your tutorials :)

Sherry said...

hi sis about foot detox, I used before but not this brand. the price getting expensive too from $40 increased to $70 a box, I never buy any more. I tried 2 box and love them! its different brand.

AskMeWhats said...

I've tried those foot detox pad once, yes it turned dark, but I haven't really see much difference, I guess I should do it frequently!

Love your weekend nails

Cris said...

I'm getting worried too, but hopefully the swaps show up :). And hopefully they won't charge you >_<...

Anonymous said...

haha! merong parang home service dati si mama na ganito. yung lumalabs talaga the blackness.

katakot kaya... totoo kaya yung toxic na yun?

wow... ang saya ang dami mo nata try na products :)

noone said...

huh, interesting... you always find the most interesting stuff to review on! I love that about your blog hehe. I hope that your cold is better, and btw lovely new display photo! :D

Bernadette Villanueva said...

I haven't tried the detox pad, but I saw something like that on TV with a machine just like a foot spa, but as others say, it's scientifically impossible, but heck, I still want to try it. haha. =)

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. I would like to get updated with you new posts as I love to read your blog. Add me to your mailing list if you have any.

late post said...

I thought these were foot deodorizers when I bought them at Daiso, hahaha! I couldn't read anything on the instruction except "stick on this side" so I did, and stuck them to my feet before putting on socks and shoes. Hahaha, was so shocked when I took them off that night and had all that goo. I don't think they work in flushing out toxins but they did make my feet and shoes smell great.

Thiamere Brea said...

im still undecided about the flushing out toxins part but i agree that the scent from this would adhere to your feet for the whole day almost because it is overwhelming!
LOL

Believe in B.liv's Dump Off Drawn! I do!

I was contacted by B.liv weeks ago to try out their products. I have been so lazy in applying any skin care products lately that I can alrea...