Friday, September 03, 2010

my nail art brushes are....

artist brushes!

Yes!
These are the brushes that you can just buy in the craft store. You don't need to buy brushes that are just for nail arts that costs so much more than the usual artist brushes. Though there are some instances that artist brushes are a lot more expensive than nail art brushes because the artist brushes are more durable because they are really made to withstand rigorous brush strokes that artists makes in making their masterpieces.

I'm no expert when it comes to brushes though, i only knew that different bristles achieve different effects in painting. I'll not go into the details of painting, but nail art brushes should be made of synthetic bristles.Synthetic bristles would give a finer finish compare to using other bristles such as natural bristles. It would make the application of nail polishes a lot easier too.



I bought these brushes during the time that i was in to painting. Though i wasn't able to really use them because i prefer painting in big canvasses & haven't tried applying to much details so these have been left untouched. I bet they were happy that i get to pick them up when i decided to do nail arts. I made a post about these brushes HERE.

When i did the Jagged-esque nail design, i used these brushes:


I even put the size of the bristles. The 1/0 or 1 have thicker bristles that are good for drawing out full thick lines while the 000 have thinner bristles which are perfect for fine lines. Compare to the bristles of the usual nail art pens, artist brushes are shorter, on which would allow you more control to the direction that you want to. It would be hard to do flowing wave patterns using an artist brush though.

I bought these brushes at National Bookstore for less than a dollar each, which is somewhere within Php 25-45.

There are a lot of shape of bristles of artists brushes, some are square tipped, which are good for making squares, while some are pointed which are good for making lines, there are also fan brushes which are good in making fine brush strokes. I think only nail art brushes have slanted/angular tip, which are good for making petals. I'll talk about nail art brushes some other time to enumerate its uses.

The choice is up to you if you would want to buy a set of nail art brushes or just buy them individually. Personally, i think buying the nail art brush set will actually be cheaper in the long run because you would be able to have a discount for each brushes compare to buying it individually. But then the choice is up to you.

Weekend Nails coming up next...

Hope you are enjoying your Friday!
^_^

Jaa!

9 comments:

-AnGiEpInK- said...

Thank you so much hun for this lovely post..Now I know what kind of brush to choose for my nail tutorial..

AskMeWhats said...

I also buy my brushes at National Bookstore :) APIR!!!

Pammy said...

I also use a couple of artist's brush on make up. They are sometimes more precise when it comes to application. You're a smart shopper, dear. :P

Unknown said...

wow i never knew they do brushes like that for nails! Im not so much of a nail person. :P

makeupjunkie said...

i wish i had the patience and the creativity to create nail arts! lol.

tho National bookstore is also my go-to and fix-all store.. :D

- - aika - - said...

thanks for sharing :D

Anastacia said...

Thank you for share! I really want super thin brushes!

Clarisse♥ said...

You use expensive brushes. :O can't even afford them. :D i only buy berkeley and china made brushes.:D

Thiamere Brea said...

no, i don't.
my favorite brush is only Php18 (less than a dollar) & it never fails.
i have used it countless of times & i had made lots of designs with it.
check my 'cheap finds' label

Believe in B.liv's Dump Off Drawn! I do!

I was contacted by B.liv weeks ago to try out their products. I have been so lazy in applying any skin care products lately that I can alrea...