Monday, September 13, 2010

rants & ramblings + mac studio fix alternative?!

I haven't been able to blog for i have new students so i have my hands full for the meantime. I wasn't able to get out to have fun so i don't even have time to apply make-up lately. I think for like 1 month, there was only 1 time where i was able to. It was a really busy month...under stress & breaking out once more. My acne is being once again a pain in the neck.

It might not look too obvious here but i have a lot of zits on my chin & lower cheek area couple with blemishes. I guess the sunlight makes my skin looks better than it is supposed to be. I took this pic when i went out to pay my bills. I rather do it the old fashioned way (going to the office itself to pay) rather than online payments for it gives me the chance to go out.

I am gaining weigh as fast as cotton absorbing water...*sigh* but it's ok..I still love myself.hehe

I got myself a new phone last Thursday because i extended my cellphone subscription. It's a Samsung Corby Wifi.


The only reason why i got this is actually because of the wi-fi connectivity.


 I'm still not used to it since i have been using a PDA phone with QWERTY keyboard for years. I always have long nails but now i have to keep my right thumb short enough to avoid damaging the screen.


Changing phones is not as easy as it seems for i have to import a lot of files from my old phone to the new one.

After being cooped up in the house for weeks, i was able to finally meet with my friend & have a good girl talk. I think nothing beats a good girl to girl talk,right?

Went on a shopping spree last Saturday but i really didn't buy much beauty products to blog about because i have bought personal stuff. The only beauty related product that i bought are actually these:


I am in dire need of a base coat but im too poor to buy the Orly Rubberized Base Coat so i just dropped by at The Face Shop to try their base coat & decided to grab a couple more polishes as well. Then I decided to buy the Fanny Serrano 2 way cake because it comes highly recommended.

How?

My friend's brother has been a MAC user for years. We would usually go to MAC together because her brother asked her to buy the Studio Fix Powder. He consumes it like he was just eating chocolate....LOL. To think that MAC here is more expensive than in the US... he got a pretty sensitive skin & MAC is the only brand that really agrees with him.

Imagine my surprise when my friend said that her brother found a great alternative for the Studio Fix... it's the Fanny Serrano 2 way cake. So i said to myself that this i got to see! Since this is way cheaper than MAC & im sure is most suited to filipina skin since it is really made for filipinas so there's really no harm in trying. I used it today when i went to the post office to pop a parcel & i love it!

But who knows what will happen later on,ne? You have to wait for my review for this after a few weeks to see how this will fare.

Then we just dined it at Aveneto for i have been craving for their seafood parmigiana.


This is actually a big bowl which could serve 2-3 people. There are a lot of shrimps, mussels & squids on it.


Tossed salad for me..with Caesar dressing..though i don't usually eat dressings that much. I got used to eating veggies.


Girl bonding is a sure fire way to de-stress,isn't it?

Well, i'll be putting some new posts up since i have missed posting last week.
Hope y'all have/had a great start for your week.

Jaa~!
^_~

12 comments:

Pammy said...

Looking great, Thia dear. Real women have curves and I'm sure you have those womanly curves even if you gain weight. :P The pasta and salad looks yummy.

donnarence said...

yey for the new fone!! i will definitely wait for your review for the fs foundie.. my hg is the mac studiofix liquid...nagsasawa na ako sa in2it perhaps FS is a nicer alternative you are glowing in the last pic..

DeBi said...

I miss going out with my friends..huhuh...they're so busy and I am so eaten by my state as WAHM (work-at-home-mom).
CAn we go out sometime? hehe

Michie said...

Wow! I'll definitely wait for the FS review. If everything goes well, that will do good to our wallet! ;)

Elsa said...

i hope you could do the review soon... im excited!

I just missed my bff, after reading your post... :D

AskMeWhats said...

Oh let us know if the FannY Serrano one works great as the MAC one, I'm sure it'll be good news to all MAC users out there.

You still look great though I hope you feel better! :)

krissy ♥ said...

Enjoy your new phone! I am a Samsung user as well but mine is Corby Delphi so when I get tired of the touchscreen I just slide the QWERTY keypad :)

You look pretty in your photos :)

Unknown said...

i don't know where to start! lol :D I loveee how you did your hair there, very cute ^___^ and Yummm i'd like to have a piece of that :) i really need to get a new phone now :[

xoladiihoneyxo said...

yay for girl bonding time! It's always good to be able to hang out with a girl friend =]

blogger said...

aww, love your pic with your friend and of course your solo pic coz you're so cute! :D can't wait for your FS review :)

Rhania E. said...

yay for your new phone (^_^)

makeupjunkie said...

i highly recommend le FS two-way cake too! tis truly a fab alternative! i've been cheating on my mac studio fix with it for about 4months now and it simply is amazing.

my only gripe with it is it doesn't last as long as studio fix, but quality and coverage wise.. dead-ringer! :D

i think tho, the main reason why it doesnt last long on me as it should is:
1. i have really oily skin! ugh
2. i never apply it wet. maybe it's supposed to last longer if applied with a damp sponge but i've never done that. mainly because i use it exactly the way i use my studio fix and SF is not supposed to be applied wet. also i never liked the icky dried up/ruined finish on the product when it comes in contact with moisture and dries up..

Believe in B.liv's Dump Off Drawn! I do!

I was contacted by B.liv weeks ago to try out their products. I have been so lazy in applying any skin care products lately that I can alrea...