It's almost Valentines so i decided to do a Valentines nail art & i have to say that i think i'm already out of touch because it took me 40 minutes to do my right hand. Feels like my left hand are shaking too much that i can't quite hold my brush steady. My left hand nail design looks good, but the right hand nails look like a disaster! hahaha!
This is my Valentine's nail design..
I call it Heart Overload because obviously it screams L-O-V-E!
Let's start with the materials you'll be needing first. I made this tutorial ahead of time so you'll notice that the ring fingernail is different.
- base/top coat
- red polish
- white polish
- detailing brush
- dotting tool - smallest tip
- steady hand - important! hahahaha
- nail art pen (red & white) - this is if you are not used to painting by brush
2. Using the red polish, apply a strip of it on the upper half of the nails like so.
3. Then take a deep breath, relax & steady your hands in order to do step 1 & 2 & also A & B.hehehe
Feel free to click the pic for a larger view.
Step 1 & 2 - Make half heart shapes using the opposite color, then fill it in. In this case, i did the white hearts first on the red background.
Step A & B - Same with step 1 & 2, Do the remaining half hearts, following the shape that you did at with the white hearts.
Make sure that the line is straight in the middle of the hearts, that's why i said you need a steady hand. You can also use a nail art pen to make this design.
4. Then add another heart at the top & bottom sides of the white & red polish, together with some dots to finish it off. I'm sorry i wasn't able to take a pic when i added the hearts & dots because i did this last night. But just follow this close up picture so that you'll know what i'm talking about. Try to have 4 hearts on each nails so that you'll be able to have an equal number of dots on sides as well.
5. Make sure that you finish it off with a top coat for you don't want to ruin this very cute nail design!
There ya go!
I did this last night & i'm confident that this nail design would last until Valentines day because i'm using my trusted Nail Pleasure Top Coat.
Hope you all will have a good weekend!