Sorry if im not able to update my blog regularly. I have loads of classes & i spend my free time mostly doing researches. I do take lots of pictures for the posts that i plan to do but it's just accumulating because i don't have the time to blog anymore. I feel like half of my PC's memory are JPEG files already! LOL!
Anyway, this is actually my first nail art for the year 2011. For some reason i am having a hard time coming up with designs. I wonder where all my ideas before flew off to? *sigh* I hope that i'll be able to make lots of nail arts this year!
Not yet weekend, but i decided to publish this post already..hehe. Hoping that this would be a nice beginning to jumpstart my blogging mood!
As always, the choice of colors would be all up to you. I just decided to try out this combination for i haven't done this yet. Actually that's yellow & maroon nail polish but i guess the maroon looks more like a brown underneath the yellow base...
Enough with the ya-da ya-da & let's let the pictures do the talking from now...
1. Apply your base coat & base polish as well.
2. Then paint half of your nails with your choice of light-colored polish as a base for the design. It's better to start with the light colors as base in everything. You'll make the colors pop more! Let it dry completely. You can choose to have all of them with 1 design, i just experimented to see if it would look ok if i will do it randomly...LOL
3. Using a detailing brush or any brush that has a fine pointed tip (i actually love using my old eyeliner brush), draw lines like this so to act as a guide on what areas you will be shading to have that checkered effect. Try to draw lines as thinly as you can.
4. Then fill the squares with the dark colored polish....
5. So that it would look like this... I actually think it already looks pretty nice,ne?
6. Using a dotting tool (or just the tip of a bobby pin), create dots at the center of each square using the contrasting color for each.
7. Finish it by drawing a line where your design meets your base polish just to polish it off. In my case, since i have these cute colored small balls (on which i don't even know how to call it!), i decided to put it to good use.
Lining them up in a straight line is pretty difficult! hahaha! Look how uneven they are!
Now, if you also have these small balls & is planning to use it on your designs, i advise that you apply top coat before putting this because if you apply top coat after this, the color would somehow "melt" away. (-__-")
Again, im not a fan of nail stuff that protrudes so i'm not even sure if i will be using it again. But it looks cute,ne?
Well then , hope you will all have a great day!
I was contacted by B.liv weeks ago to try out their products. I have been so lazy in applying any skin care products lately that i can alrea...
I said before that i have a bad case of acne...& i am running out of options already. In comes Kojie-san Skin Lightening Soap made from ...
I can't believe that this is my first entry for this year. tsk tsk tsk I'm such a bad blogger. hehehe Anyway, i have a valid rea...