Thursday, May 20, 2010

Weekend nails: zebra nails with a twist

Another nail design post..

i'm trying to catch up with my posts even though i know that half of my readers are not even aware that i have began blogging again because im having some issues about posting. I can't use draft.blogger.com easily. There are some times when i can't upload pics...
-__-"

i think i have to revert back to the old dashboard
*sigh*

But you know im beginning to get annoyed because of the problems that im encountering in blogger.
(-___-")

Ok, on to the nail design

I sported this look when i took a vacation last weekend. I just decided to have a different nail design & was doing some random nail designs when i experimented on this one. I think it looks pretty nice..


Things needed:
  • base color of your choice
  • brush with thin bristles/nail art pen (i used an artist brush 3/0)
  • black nail polish (for making stripes)
  • glitter polish
  • base & top coat

Let's start:
  • As usual, start with a base coat. Let it dry then apply your base color. I chose silver base color this time.


  • As soon as the base color is dry, apply a strip of glitter polish like so...


  • Once is enough, it will serve as a guide on making stripes so you know where to stop. you can just reapply later on if you want it more glittery.


  • Take the brush then dip it into a black nail polish (or just a black nail art pen if desired)


  • Then make small random lines. Take your time, it doesn't have to be perfect, that's the key in doing a zebra print design. The more random it is the better.


Then if you want to add more glitters then do so! Don't forget to use a top coat to make your art last longer.


And with that, you can flaunt your new nail design. I can assure you that this is a very fun nail design & it will make you stare at your nails for sometime.

I made a video for those who want to see how i paint the stripes on



Hope that you'll try this design!
Have a great friday, mina-san!

Jaa ne~!
^_^

10 comments:

Sherry said...

thanks sis..

xoladiihoneyxo said...

ohhhh, you did a video! Me likeyyyy. hehe.

Chrissy said...

Ganda sis, lately di ako makaisip ng inspiration for nail art... I keep my nails short na rin kasi for now. Hehe. The long nails are nice but they get in the way sometimes so I'm still trying to decide what I'm gonna do and if I can still do nail art even if my nails are short.

Good luck sa problems mo sa blogger.com. >.<

Eve said...

UGH i know what you MEAN! I reverted back to the old one b/c I think that the new dashboard is better for those who are very adept with a computer. I'm horrid. I couldn't move pictures the way I wanted them.

blogger said...

Hi Thia~ love your version of the prints^^ nicely done! i love how you come up with different nail arts.btw, where did you buy the brush?

Elsa said...

wow... im surprised that caronia has that color... ganda sis! lalo na yung twist... :)

AskMeWhats said...

I love this nail art! I have a feeling it suits your personality!!! So pretty!!!

-AnGiEpInK- said...

Gorgeous nail tutorial...I like it..Very simple ^_^..

Miss Shopcoholic said...

ang cute! it looks so easy to do!

Sherry said...

sis award for you at heartrandom.com

Believe in B.liv's Dump Off Drawn! I do!

I was contacted by B.liv weeks ago to try out their products. I have been so lazy in applying any skin care products lately that I can alrea...