Sunday, August 19, 2012

BFF Challenge:Texture

Texture nail art, picked by Emma.

I'm not a fan of 3d nail arts. In fact, i don't like using rhinestones.
I'll only use rhinestone if the the top coat that i am using is thick enough to be able to really cover the whole nails making sure that it has a smooth finish. This is when Seche Vite comes in handy though.

I never did like the bead mani so there's no way that i'll be doing that. Well,unless i don't have any idea what to do. It would just be the last resort.hahaha!

But i already knew what i'm going to use.
At first i thought of colored sand but since i can't go out that much to buy it & it would cost a little since i planned a colorful nail art. I was perusing our house thinking about little things that i could use. Lace is out of the question because i've used all of it when i was making my scrapbook. I was taking a bath when i saw my body scrub & i remember sugar!

Sugar!
Why not?!
Sugar, i think, would be translucent so i tried making a base design & covered it with sugar.
This is the final effect, with top coat.


Me thinks, it's not that bad.
A close-up of how it looks like.


Actually, there's a way to have that watery effect when using sugar. This i found out accidentally.
As i finish my mani, i had this sudden urge to wash my hands but since i have sugar on my nails, i just can't let it touch the water because it would melt. So i carefully wet my palm, trying so hard not to wet my nails. But, of course, since i'm clumsy no matter how hard i try i know i would end up with at least 1 finger wet. Sure enough, my pinkie nail got a tad bit wet. I immediately wipe it dry, hoping that it won't melt right away.

As soon as i pat it dry, i applied top coat to my nails. Surprisingly, my pinkie has that wet-look compare to the rest of my nails. I don't know if you'll be able to see it clearly. I still haven't bought my cam to the repair shop because i am doing the BFF Challenge. It would take weeks before i'll be able to have a camera again so i'll just have it repair after the challenge.


I nicked the right side of my thumb as it was drying. hehehe

I thought i won't like it but for some reason i am digging this nail art.
In fact, i still have it until now. I usually snap pics of my nail art then take it off afterward if i hate it but i am still rocking this so i guess this is a keeper.

You can check out these ladies doing the same challenge with me:

Do tell me if you are into 3d nail arts,hunnies!
Hope you are enjoying your sunday!
Till next time!
Jaa ne~!
^_^

6 comments:

Kerrie said...

Ooh interesting!

emtha said...

Holy crap this is so great!!! I love it! Everyone has been doing such crazy creative stuff for the texture challenge :D

Ahleessa said...

Gorgeous nails!

Isabel said...

Niiccee! Do you get ants though? loll

Cookiie said...

So creative! Is it hard to get it off though after putting on a topcoat?

★ Cookiie
http://www.milkncookiie.com

Nikki said...

super nice the colors you used and of course, the smiley!!!!

Believe in B.liv's Dump Off Drawn! I do!

I was contacted by B.liv weeks ago to try out their products. I have been so lazy in applying any skin care products lately that I can alrea...