Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Nivea Visage Sparkling White UV Blocker Review

I have a problematic skin...
For those who have been following my blog, you know how i battle with acne & how some products break me out. Looking for products that will work on me is a very trying job because it's really a hit or miss.

I try to avoid whitening products but since i have bad blemishes due to my acne, i have to find a way to even out my skin tone. *sigh*

Acne, tantanan mo na ko! (Acne, please leave me alone!) I am already 26 but i still break out every now & then.

I have been using this ever since my skin changed from oily to combination/oily. At first i'm hesitant to do so because that was the time when i stopped using anything on my face. I fear that it would make me break out or anything, but i'm glad i took the step because my skin agrees with this!


I'm sure you have already seen this in the department stores but you might be wondering what is the difference of this as opposed to tons of products that promises to whiten, hydrate & protect the skin. So what made me give this product a try? It's mainly because of hyaluronic acid!

I'll tell you what is hyaluronic acid later, for now, you can take a look at the description at the back...


This is what the product is claiming...


What does it do?
1.      Whitening from inside and outside
White Crystallites naturally reflecting micro pigments Inner Whitening: 
White Pure Actives which regulate melanin production to support the skin’s lightening process and reduce appearance of dark spots
Soy Extract supports repair and renewal process for fairer complexion

2.      Boosts skin hydration: contains Hyaluronic Acid which instantly boosts skin’s moisture promoting a smoother, translucent yet oil-free appearance
What is Hyaluronic Acid? 
Molecules found in the connective tissue of the skin and plays an important role in maintaining volume.   With their moisture binding capacity, they plump up the skin from the inside out and make it appear smooth.
3.      Protection against sun damage and redarkening
§         advanced SPF30 PA++ UVA and UVB filter system protects  your skin against the appearance of dark spots due to sun exposure.

Sounds good,huh?


For the product itself...


An opaque bottle...
not really that good because you won't know how much product is still left. You only get to know how much only by weight. I wish it has a little clear part at the side so that i would know when is the time to buy for a new one.


Oh well, i can easy over look that since it's in an airless pump bottle that makes dispensing the product easy. It's nice if all skincare products are in a pump bottle because it's hygienic... plus the fact that this is airless so it would make the product last longer!


It's just like your usual moisturizer that is in a white fluid form... quite runny! But one pump already goes a long way! You can really feel the hydration that this product provides!


Since we are already talking about its texture, let's get to know the benefits that this product is offering. As what i said, it has Hyaluronic Acid.

Our skin produces hyaluronic acid which keeps skin moisturized & firm. Like a sponge, it attracts & binds water within the cells of the skin to reveal a supple & firm skin!

As we age, HA production lessens & our skin becomes dehydrated. As we age, the body begins to produce less HA while the environment impact of radiation, chemicals, poor nutrition continues to take its toll.

Benefits of Hyaluronic Acid:

  • Since it is a natural substance found in skin, it is easily accepted by your skin.
  • Though gentle, it is very effective in hydration –it can absorb approximately 1,000 times its own weight inside the extracellular spaces within the matrix of the skin!
  • Plumps skin and enhances the volume to create that same firm yet soft & supple skin
  • Maintains collagen and elastin levels
  • Contains a low molecular weight to penetrate and be absorbed by the skin faster!

It's packed with all those good things for you skin, but maybe what you're thinking is that this would be heavy since it has SPF. We know how uncomfy most sunblocks are. They're heavy & sticky! But what i like about this is that this is really light on the skin! It's oil-free & water-based!


It will feel a bit "oily" at first so you have to wait for a couple of minutes for your skin to absorb it. You can see how it looks with it on. It's not really oily, i guess dewy is a better term to describe it.


It has a mild "sweet" scent. I guess that it is Nivea's signature scent, if there is such a thing because i think this is something that i have smelled at lots of times. Since i have been a Nivea user, i guess i got so familiar with it already.

I have been using this for months & i'm happy to announce that i have not experienced a bad reaction to this product. Yay! A product that my skin loves!

Honestly, i'm not sure about the skin lightening because i am using my favorite Orange Peel & L Glutathione soap together with this.

I always keep this in my bag because it has SPF 30 PA++ so this is really something that my skin needs specially when i go out!

With all the good things that you are getting from this, paying Php400 is definitely worth it!

Let's summarize it...
PROS:

  • doesn't feel heavy
  • has SPF30 PA++
  • comes in a hygienic packaging
  • locally available
  • quite affordable
  • can be used by different skin types
CONS:
  • you won't know how much product is left

Will i buy it?
Yes! I will!
This is something that i have recommended to my friends already!

If you are looking for a light moisturizer that is not heavy on the budget, please take a look at this. This is something that i have tried & tested. It earns my seal of approval!

I am so loving Nivea products!
I have repurchased a couple of products because they are really worth keeping!

Hope you all are enjoying the week so far!
Have a great day, ladies!
Jaa ne~!
^_^

ps:

I'm having a hard time with this layout. Every time i copy paste something, i have to change the font color.
I think i have to change my layout once more. Tsk!

I hate changing layouts, but this time it is something i have to do... so don't be surprised if you see a different one later on,ok? hehe

Product sent as sample. I did not receive any monetary compensation for this post. Opinion shared is personal view & is no way influenced by the company.

21 comments:

Alenski711 said...

Sis same tayo ng problem über sensitive din skin ko. Im currently using sensa tea tree oil facial foam then ponds cream and myra tinted moisturizer for my face. I tried neutrogena dati pero second day pa lang ng gamit ko 3zits na agad lumabas. Di ko naisip itry tong nivea mainly kasi ngayon ko lang nalaman na may ganito pala hahaha pero thanks sa review, i might try this pag naubos ko na mga moisturizer ko. How much sya and ilang ml? Thanks :)

Pammy D. said...

I'm glad you found a product that didn't give you allergies or caused you to break out. Will keep this in mind when I'm done with my sunblocks. Very informative review. :)

Thiamere Brea said...

its 400 for 50ml
^_~

sana magwork sayo
i've tried tea tree oil pero unfortunately, hnd nmn sya gumana sakin...
T_T

goes to show na iba iba talaga ang skin ng bawat tao
*sigh*

Thiamere Brea said...

thanks,hun!
yeah, im glad na may nahanap din ako!
haha!

Maggie said...

I'm using this and I'm loving it too! Great review Thiamere! :)

missgennd said...

I always always love your reviews. Very informative. Thanks for sharing this one. I might try it after I finish my tub of loreal's hydro-gel.

miss shopcoholic said...

Nivea user din ako sis, I super love their lotions at super type ko amoy nila. I tried their moisturiser with spf 30 before pero i find it oily...

Thiamere Brea said...

thanks,hun!
^_^
i hope that you'll like this as much as i like it!

Thiamere Brea said...

yay!
we are using the same stuff
it's nice,no?
^_^

Thiamere Brea said...

oo nga..i think that scent is their signature scent talaga!
too bad,huh?

but their lotions are good
especially the express hydration!
^_^

Nikki said...

thanks for the review! Nivea products are nice no? I love their new Express Hydration Body Lotion :)

Thiamere Brea said...

me too!
it's one of the 2 lotions that i could use on my body!
^_^

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

This is such a cool moisturizer! :) I wish they had this in the US!

Thiamere Brea said...

awww...
im not sure if it's only available here in asia..or maybe here in the philippines
T_T

DeBi said...

wow!! nivea lover talaga...lol..wala naman nito dito..paguwi ko bibili ako kasi SUPER init dito! kaloka!

Thiamere Brea said...

korak!
im glad nga at nivea works for me e
hehe

konti na lang,sis,pwede ka na umuwi!
^_^

Laine ♥ said...

i wanna try this too :) thanks for sharing sis :)

Thiamere Brea said...

hope it works as well,hunny!

Veracatan said...

im a nivea user and lover, and im really excited to try this product. thanks sis!

Thiamere Brea said...

i hope that this would work on you as well,sweetie!
^_^

Angela Nicole Madriaga Domingo said...

Is that a moisturizer po ba? .

Believe in B.liv's Dump Off Drawn! I do!

I was contacted by B.liv weeks ago to try out their products. I have been so lazy in applying any skin care products lately that I can alrea...