I used different colors so that i/you would have an idea of how it looks like on a different background also with different designs on them. This nail design is definitely personalize-able. You can get your nails to look exactly like your own Christmas tree at your house. Just let your imagination fly free!
The only thing that i would be showing you how to do is the tree itself... decorating it is your job. This is when the fun will start! This is an easy nail art~
- your choice of polishes
- green polish
- dotting tools
- a brush with thin long bristles
1. Paint your nails with your desired polish color. In this case, i will show you different backgrounds so that you would have an idea of some color contrast between them. My thumb has a dark purple, pointer has black, middle has a blue iridescent polish, ring finger is a nude color while the pinkie has a blue color.
2. As for the tree, dip your brush on your green polish then make stripes on your nails in the shape of a Christmas tree... albeit a half tree in my case. The striping motion should only just be in 1 direction & that is going outwards. You can make it a whole tree but it would look smaller unless you have long & wide nails. I think half of the tree is still good though. It would give you enough space to decorate it even if you don't have long nails.
3. Continue applying the green polish in a striping motion until you fill half of your nails or until you are already satisfied with how the tree looks like.
4. Then decorate to your hearts content! I'll give you a close up of how each nail looks like...
Dark purple background with yellow garland & blue balls.
Black background with glitters underneath, the tree has a few white strokes as snow with blue balls.
Iridescent blue background with yellow & gold-ish garland
Nude background (it makes the tree stand out better!) with glitter polish underneath the red balls
blue background with glitter polish & gold-ish garland.
Don't forget to finish it off with a top coat,ok?
Hmmm... what do you think is the best color combination?
Or what colors do you think is good?
I'll do the santa nails once i got the set of nail art brush that i ordered.
There ya go! Hope you like it!
I'm sure you had fun decorating your own tree, why not put your tree on your nails as well too!
Have a great weekend,ladies!
Next weekend is already Christmas!