Thursday, June 14, 2012

Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch Review

Primer... a product that not a lot of beginners know of.
A product that i've received tons of questions of.

What exactly is a primer?
Basically make-up primer acts as a barrier of your skin from the make-up. It also makes the foundation adhere on to your sin a lot better. Though there are a lot more benefits that each & every primer has but the main purpose of a primer are the said 2 reasons.

Now, let's talk about this primer that had received lots of raves from make-up mavens.
Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch Make-up Base.


Housed in a cute red glass jar, this little gal could easily become your best friend! It comes with a free tiny spatula.


You can read the leaflet that was included on it. Just click it for a bigger image...

Here is the ingredients list:


A silicone-based primer!
I know i said before that silicone breaks me out but i just feel like this primer could make a difference.

This is how it looks like...
It's fragrance-free & goes invisible when you apply it on your skin.


Since it's silicone-based, it glides smoothly on the skin. It could easily smooth out uneven surface like scars, blemished areas & open pores. As what some users say, it makes the skin "as smooth as a baby's bottom" & i agree!It does make the skin velvety-smooth!


A little goes a long way!
I hope you'll be able to see the difference of how it looks like with it on. If you took a closer look, you'll see the fine lines almost disappearing. I took the pic right after i applied it. I should have given it a few minutes to settle before pictorial.


The difference might not be obvious but you can feel how this fills up your pores!

As for my thoughts...
I did not experience any major breakouts but it did cause whiteheads on continued use. I can't use it for everyday, but it's ok since i mostly just stay at home. I make sure that i have this on when i go out just because i like how smoothly i can apply my foundation on, i think it prevents splotches & caking too because it really makes the foundation adhere on your skin better.

Now, no matter how this makes my skin really smooth it turns me off (not the whitehead-causing problem). It doesn't have any oil-control at all. tsk! What a shame! Every time i put this on, i have to make sure that i have oil films or a pack of facial tissue. It seems like this makes my skin oil up more, maybe that's the cause of my whiteheads.

I don't have any problem with it before when i still got combination skin but since it has become too hot lately, my skin went from combination to oily. *sigh*

So i would only recommend this for girls with normal or dry skin only.

I got mine on StrawberryNet. You can click HERE.

PROS:
  • diminishes fine lines, wrinkles & enlarged pores instantly!
  • scent-free
  • disappears on the skin! no color that could alter your foundation
  • locks moisture on the skin; won't ever make your skin feel dry
  • includes a spatula
  • packaging is really sturdy!
  • a little goes a long way
CONS:
  • no oil-control
  • could cause whiteheads (imo)
  • might be expensive (but it's worth it!)
Will i buy it again?
Nah, this could last forever on me because you just need a very little amount to cover the skin. 

Will i recommend it?
Well, i would really love this if only this has oil-control but that doesn't stop me from loving this because i can now understand why most girls go ga-ga over this. It is a great primer for normal/dry skinned girls but sadly, not for oil-skinned ladies like me.
:(


Have you tried this?
What's your favorite primer?

Hope you all have a good day!
Jaa ne~!
^_^


ps:
Product sent as sample. I did not receive any monetary compensation for this post. Opinion shared is personal view & is no way influenced by the company. Use at your own discretion.

3 comments:

rhania said...

dear recommend ka pa more primers =)

shobe said...

looks like the loreal base magique primer but more creamier,that didnt work for me either pero mas tumatagal makeup ko pa din compared to not putting anything underneath hehe

Marge said...

huwaaw ang sowseee :P
at rustan's while waiting for my fsp card aba ang lola sales lady ang sabi: 'can you please get a clarANCE girl up here?' oh ha! Oui, Oui, Madame! s'il vous plaƮt! LOL

Believe in B.liv's Dump Off Drawn! I do!

I was contacted by B.liv weeks ago to try out their products. I have been so lazy in applying any skin care products lately that I can alrea...